Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sad_old_man
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Complete home WiFi?

Go to solution

I have just upgraded to the BT complete home WiFi package and question the guarantee that BT offer with this package. 

I recieved the BT Smarthub 2 plus the single black disc and the setup is so straight forward a child could do it. The coverage compared to my BT homehub 5 plus WiFi extender is superb but as I live in a large house the only area suffering problems was my sons bedroom. After many hours of earach from him I tried to obtain an extra disc????

Phone call 1 placed on Saturday were I was told “you will receive your extra disc on Tuesday” (No disc arrived)

Today online chat with a BT advisor that abruptly cut me off stating that “she could see my disc and the 25 devices connected to it all had a strong signal so I didn’t need an extra disc”? (Well surprise surprise? How can I connect devices in a room that has no signal)?

Finaly today contacted BT customer services to cancel my upgrade only to be told “your extra disc will be with you in 5 to 7 working days”.

BT state that with this package we will send you up to two extra discs at no extra cost to guarantee complete home WiFi coverage?

They might guarantee it but as a lowly customer......... try and get it?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Complete home WiFi?

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

This should not happen.

See first part of the  post by device expert @LukeBuxton on the main thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Introducing-Complete-Wi-Fi-from-BT/m-p/1916571#...

0 Ratings
sad_old_man
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Unfortunately Keith it has and from my experience after being with BT for over 25 years it happens all too often. I sometimes am reminded of an old saying when I have to contact BT for any reason, “Look at what a successful company we are, despite ourselves”.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for raising @Keith_Beddoe

@sad_old_man you can get one yourself by following our online troubleshooter here:

https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-a3f89b6e-6f33-1058-ae2d-843babc40000&G...

Choose Complete WI-Fi help

If it's not working for you - drop me a private message and I'll pickup with the team to make sure an extra one has been sent to you.

Cheers

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
sad_old_man
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Luke but after 25 years of dealing with BT and being a somewhat mindless devotee of the company, having a Complete home WiFi package with BT TV and four BT mobiles I just wish that I could visit forums like this and not see any problems being reported.

BT has some wonderful private customers out here? Just once in a while remember that we are here ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @sad_old_man

I completely understand and I am really conscious of our responsibility to our devoted customers - thanks so much!

My team created Complete Wi-Fi and I promise you that all we want to do is make every one of our customers happy with perfect wi-fi in every room and if they do need help from our call centres we help you as effortlessly as possible.  Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

Please can you send me a private message with your account details / phone number and I'll make sure a disc is sent to you.

We're also improving the Complete Wi-Fi experience to address the issue you've had - it's not fully live yet - but we've started.  We're beginning to proactively get in touch with our customers and send extra discs so there's no need to call - we want to get the process perfect before rolling out at scale - but early results are really encouraging. 

We're determined to always give our customers a great experience.  Hopefully you'll continue to see a difference from us over the years to come - sorry you've had a poor experience this time.

Cheers Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
sad_old_man
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Well if it is of any interest to you Luke, I find your complete home WiFi system an absolute success.

I recieved severe earach from both of my two sons who had numerous devices connected to the homehub 5 with I think it’s a BT600 WiFi extender and I recently purchased two whole home WiFi extender discs to relieve the earach which unfortunately was unsuccessful.

Since upgrading to the complete home WiFi system the only complaint is now from just my youngest son who still can’t get a signal. Given the success of the smart hub 2 and single disc when I recieve the second disc the earach will cease completely.

May I also say that if it was you and your team that created this product, then you have the basics of a perfect solution to the home WiFi problem for which I would like to say thank you. Well done you and your team. 

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks - this feedback is of huge interest to me and my team - thanks so much for sharing.

I can imagine how frustrating it still is for your youngest son!  And you taking the flack :)!

I've dropped you a private message - we'll get the extra disc out to you so everyone will have a great wi-fi signal soon!

Cheers

Luke

Devices expertLukeB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”