cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Complete wifi not working

Home tech expert visit yesterday for installation of latest home hub. We didn’t want complete wifi as well (as only power line extenders work in our house; sky q etc doesn’t work here) but he convinced us to give it a go. He left without it working properly (he had been here 2 hours to be fair and it was 8pm on a Friday ) and we can’t get a signal in the lounge or upstairs. We had tp link power line extenders before and I think we’ll have to go back to using them. Anyone else had this problem? 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Complete wifi not working

@Charm2710 

I do not have the system myself, but the app should give you some idea what is going on. See this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Where-is-the-setup-in-MyBT-app/m-p/1921462#M7912

If your powerline adapters work fine, then I cannot see any advantage in using the complete wifi solution, as powerline adapters will be more reliable and not subject to wireless interference.

If you also had an older home hub which still works with your current connection, you may find that it works better than the new SH2.

0 Ratings