cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Complete wifi

Hi,

I have had the complete wifi since it was launched. I have found it to be excellent.

On Sunday the disc I have upstairs was flashing blue. I tried everything even a factory reset and repairing with my router. But still had no WiFi and the blue flashing light.

I contacted BT help desk and they sent me a replacement disc out, but the new disc is doing exactly the same. So they think I have received a faulty replacement disc.

What are the chances of that ?

I'm just wondering if someone has had the same problem ?

As I really need to get my wifi working upstairs again,

Thanks 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Complete wifi

There was a similar problem some time ago after a software update, log into your router, go to the advance wireless settings and make sure that wi-fi is set to operate in mode 1.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Thanks.

Just checked and I'm on mode 1

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Deleted: Messages crossed whilst typing

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Try connecting it to the hub with an ethernet cable. If it turns solid blue then, then try moving it.
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi,

I have tried connecting by ethernet cable. The light goes solid blue but as soon as I disconnect the cable the blue light starts flashing again. Sometimes it flashes red but mainly stays flashing blue. That is with the disc in the same room as my main BT Router.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Have you factory reset the router as well as the disk?
Try doing that, take a back-up of your settings first.
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

I haven't done a factory reset on my router. I'll try that in the morning as I don't want anything else to go wrong today as I want to watch the football.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Hi,

I have done a factory reset on my router and now the disc connects. So all good now 😀

I have sent one disc back to BT

I now have a spare disc here that we thought was faulty. But I have managed to get it working so at the moment I have two discs working. This has improved my WiFi signal a lot.

Will I be able to keep the 2nd disc ?

Do I have to ring BT to ask the question ?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Hi @Mjcp21 thanks for posting, I'm glad you got it working again. Have you been sent any email notifications asking for the 2nd disc to be returned?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings