cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Connecting Whole Home Premium Discs

Maybe a stupid question but I have a Home Hub 2 router and want to install 1 or more Premium Discs. 

1.  The bumf suggests that one of the discs (Disc 1, say) is connected by ethernet cable to the router. Is this correct or is Disc 1 connected to the router via a wifi connection?  (If it's a cable connection then this limits my options for locating the disc and I may as well just move the router to another location with a longer cable).

2. Do the remaining discs (Discs 2 and 3) connect to the router via a wifi connection or do they connect to Disc 1?     

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connecting Whole Home Premium Discs

Hi @CrunchyFrog Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Your questions are not stupid at all and I'll be happy to answer them

1. Yes that's correct one disc will need to be connected to the Hub via ethernet 
  2. The two remaining discs don't connect to the router they connect to disc 1 to form their own independent wifi mesh network from the Smart Hub 2.

As you have a Smart Hub 2 you may wish to consider our Complete wifi product. The discs don't need to be connected to the Hub via ethernet and the Hub disc combination forms one wifi mesh network.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Neil, thanks for the reply.  Another daft question but can I connect 2 or maybe 3 of the 'Complete wi-fi' discs to the router as 1 may not be enough (as my house has a few rooms and thick stone walls) ?

Also, I've tried to find the discs on the BT website but can't find them.  Any idea where they are for sale as discrete items?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @CrunchyFrog The Complete wifi service is added to your broadband subscription and you can add it by clicking on the 'login for your deals' button on the link I posted above. You initially get one disc but we will supply up to 3 discs if one or two don't provide full coverage.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings