Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Connection drop at 1.10am

Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone could help with my issue. It seems that every time I game with my friends late at night my connection drops out at 1.10am. My PS4 and vision box LAN connections are both going through the unit that plugs into the mains of the house. 

I’ve also noticed that when this happens, my vision box goes from the purple stand by light to the red light. I read up about the vision boxes going into a ‘deep sleep’ around this time and wondered if this was making the connection drop out to the PS4. 

After this happens the PS4 will connect back to the router straight away, however, on the odd occasion it has disconnected AGAIN after rejoining my friends and getting into a game. 

Any advise would be greatly appreciated! 

Tom

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connection drop at 1.10am

do you have anything else that switches on or off at that time - central heating for example?

have you tried to switch off vision box and then see if connection drops at same time?  do you have any devices not connected by powerline adaptor  - straight to hub - do they also drop connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connection drop at 1.10am

Will try adjusting standby settings and turning off the vision box. Will let you know how I get on. 

I don’t have anything else that turns off at a similar time and the only lan connection that goes into the router is the one from the power line adaptor for the vision box and PS4

0 Ratings