Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 3

Connection for additonal BT Complete WiFi disks

Hello,

My relatives got FTTP into their home today. It's working great, and we got the Complete WiFi with it.

It's an old stone home with very thick walls, obviously a nightmare for WiFi.

The engineer set up the first disk with me there, and it's working fine. It's only in the next room from the Smart Hub 2, but again the walls.

I was here today to set it all up for them and help, and it's all working but unfortunately, you're unable to request all the disks at once and have to get one, call back, get one, call back, etc for the 3.

The engineer said you should just be able to plug it into the wall and away you go with a blue light (hopefully), without needing the app or connect it to the router first which is what everyone else says, as this is an extra disk. Is this correct?

Also, the ethernet port on the back does this work as an actual ethernet port... even when connecting to a device ie a sky+HD box. 

Thanks so much, 
Albert

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connection for additonal BT Complete WiFi disks

If you need additional discs you will need to install the app, it's used to map the wifi strength sothe support team (Help) can determine if you need extra discs sent, if you do they'll send one free.

Regarding the ethernet port, yes it does work but BT don't proactively support its use yet, down to quality assurances I think, however it is enabled so go for it.

0 Ratings
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connection for additonal BT Complete WiFi disks

The first one was installed without the app, we have that now. Even when you use the app you have to Ethernet into the router wait for it go blue and then use the signal tracker on the app and put it there. 

But to confirm, is it possible to just plug it in without cable and be away?

Thank you for confirming ethernet port

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings