Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maryemm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Curious

Go to solution

After years of abysmal speeds in this rural area we had FTTP installed last year. The difference is amazing! We can now achieve a download speed of 300Mb although I find 50Mb ample for my needs. 

However,  everything is set up in my study upstairs. We use tablets downstairs, and the speed, although lower, is again fine, except in certain rooms.

I have been "offered"

Ultrafast Fibre Plus with complete Wi-Fi at a speed of 145 Mb with a new router  (Smart Hub 2) and Wi-Fi discs to guarantee a strong signal in every room. 

At the moment I have Smart Hub 6. Do the numbers refer to the power of the router? Is the 6 better than the 2?

I could keep to the speed I already have  and buy the discs separately, I suppose. I have no experience of these discs and wonder whether they really do work!!

Has anyone here taken advantage of this offer, or set up these discs, and would be willing to review them, please?

My thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Curious

Go to solution

The routers are just different versions of the same thing no difference in 'power' of the router. I believe the Smart Hub2 is required for the complete wifi option. Have a read of this thread to find out about complete wifi. https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Introducing-Complete-Wi-Fi-from-BT/td-p/1901302

0 Ratings
Maryemm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you again, licquorice.

Yes, I realised I should have checked out questions and answers just after I had posted my question*. Seems people  who have set up this Ultra Fibre+ discs  are having connection trouble.Think I'll leave well alone for the moment.

*(Reminds me of the olde days when one was advised to RTM!)

My thanks.  :O)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Just to confuse further, BT also offer a wifi mesh system 'Whole Home wifi' which is different to the 'Complete wifi system'. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57551/~/bt-whole-home-wi-fi

0 Ratings
Maryemm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I think I shall leave well alone for the moment and sit in a different place downstairs!!   Man Very Happy

Thank you yet again for your help. 

0 Ratings