cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

DC Power supply wont plug into back of the Hub2

Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a smart Hub 2.

Opened the sealed box and when trying to set up I went to plug the mains adapter into the back of the hub but it wont go in.

It's almost like the pin on the male side is too fat so the female DC plug wont fit?

I contacted BT who told me this wasn't possible however it's 100% not fitting in.

Nothing looks damaged, but I just wondered if this is common?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: DC Power supply wont plug into back of the Hub2

can't remember seeing a post about power supply not fitting the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Nor me, I wonder if it is a returned item and the sender enclosed the wrong PSU.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thing is it looks right if you know what I mean?

I even took the hub and power supply to PC World to see if it was me being a wally however the guys in there all said there is no way that's fitting in there!!

I called BT and they agreed to send a new one which is a good thing but not until I argued over the phone because the girl on the phone was almost calling BS on the whole situation.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I remember HH4 and HH5 having different power supply sockets.  I bought my 5 on an auction site then had to buy an adapter.  Now I just use a modem (from an auction site) and a Deco M5 system.  If and when FTTP arrives here I will have to think again - I like proper telephones so that would mean a return to a HH.

0 Ratings