cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boabsy71
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Device return

I am cancelling my contract do I need to return the youview box? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Device return

It depends when you took out your contract and when you were sent the box.

If you have already completed one full minimum term contract prior to Dec 2019 the box will be yours to keep.

If you took out the contract after that date you will need to return it or be charged for it.

See link.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/how-to-return-and-recycle-your-bt-broadband-hub-and-bt-tv-box-fo

Bar2
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hello

I got my new hub this year and disposed of the packaging and label a couple of weeks before I plugged in my new hub.  I plugged in the new hub after lockdown kicked in but I have to go to the post office in a few days and I only have the returns bag and obviously no barcode.

The link you gave above assumes you have the barcode and there's nothing anywhere else to say what to do without it.

Please can you advise as I'm more than willing to return the hub and don't want to be charged.

Many thanks

C

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

If the old hub was issued before the 13th December 2019, you do not have to return it.

0 Ratings
Bar2
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your reply, Keith, but my new hub was issued this year.

I don't clearly remember when but it was definitely in 2020.

Bar2

0 Ratings
Bar2
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Sorry it appears that I misread your post.  However the BT link gives information for people who have received new equipment after 13th December - does that refer to the return of that equipment rather than the old hub?

I would still like to return the old hub for environmental purposes and have the returns bag that I can use at the post office at the end of the week.  Shall I just go ahead and send it without the barcode?

Many thanks

Bar2

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Under the current climate, hold on to it, or take it to your local recycling centre when it opens.

Its only equipment issued after that date, that need to be returned. Your new hub you need to keep.

0 Ratings