cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital Voice Handset lost it's Name

Hi All,

Can somebody help.

Noticed the other day that the previously named handsets had all reset back to Handset 1 to 4.
This had happened overnight, so no idea what has happened.

Also, today set up the new Smart Hub 2 ready for FTTP installation.

All complete and online using Openreach Modem. So ready to swap to new WAN connection at FTTP install day.

Digital Voice Handsets registered and re-named, all working fine. Until I powered down the Hub.
It all powered back up OK, except yet again all the handsets have reverted back to Handset 1 to 4.
But when checking the Hub the new handset names have been retained!!!!!!

So now have Handset with default name and the Hub with it's renamed text.

I assume this is a bug?

The Hub and Handsets are up to date with firmware revisions.

Just to add additional info..
If you de-register a handset, then register it, the handset names in the hub now ALL revert to the names in the handsets i.e. Handset 1 to 4. It looks like a sync issue.. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital Voice Handset lost it's Name

I have the same issue. It occurs after a power-down or even a firmware update. So my BT Hub updated Overnight on 1st November and all my phones reverted to default Handset 1, etc,

This must be a bug!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Still have same issue. It's very frustrating, but have to live with it. Tried BT and they say its correct!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I have 2 advanced handsets which I have given location names and after a couple of power cuts and a hub firmware update still retain the names I gave them

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Firmware doesn't cause me any issues, it's power cycling. If turning off and on, it's random if it resets handset name.  About 60% of time they default back to handset1 etc.

The power on/off is the only issue.

It's a real pain in the butt! 

Due to handset problems, I've had two sets to date any they all behaved the same.

Currently have no digital voice as somebody in BT did an admin change on my account and "accidentally" cancelled my service !!!!!!!!

Been 4.5 days and still haven't got it back.

Phones retained for medical reasons, so not happy at all.

0 Ratings