cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albertj
Expert
Message 1 of 3

Disabling 5Ghz on the Smart Hub 2

This is a common troubleshooting step on the BT Community, yet I cannot find a guide to link to. I have made one to link to. Please remove if not allowed. 

BT Smart Hub 2 – Disabling 5Ghz Band

Many devices require a 2.4Ghz signal, and the bands cannot be split on the Smart Hub 2, therefore the only solution is to temporarily disable and re-enable it.

1) Open a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.

Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 6.08.38 pm.png

2) Click Wireless

3) This will open the Wireless Settings page. Select ‘Change settings

albertj_1-1577210691806.png

4) Enter the Admin password. This is found on the back of the router and on the removable card. Click ‘OK

albertj_2-1577210691827.png

5) Toggle 5Ghz OFF

albertj_3-1577210691848.png

6) Click 'Save'

albertj_4-1577210691876.png

7) Click 'Yes' at the warning prompt.

Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 6.11.33 pm.png

😎 Wait for devices to re-connect.

Repeat the steps above, but toggle it to 'ON' to enable it again.

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Disabling 5Ghz on the Smart Hub 2

@albertj 

Good post and explanation which should help others who have problems connecting to 2.4ghz network. The real problem is very few customers who come to the forum use the search facility before they post their problem which has been highlighted in the past but continues to happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
albertj
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Disabling 5Ghz on the Smart Hub 2

@imjollywrote:

@albertj 

Good post and explanation which should help others who have problems connecting to 2.4ghz network. The real problem is very few customers who come to the forum use the search facility before they post their problem which has been highlighted in the past but continues to happen

Thank you 😊

Yes, unfortunately so. But at least now, (while most people sort it) I have something to link to assist them.

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings