cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Castleclough
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Discs not connecting to whole home network

I have 6 whole home network discs all connected in a wifi mesh network, the only hard wired is the first disc which is connected to a router. 

My first disc in the network which is directly connected to the router works but 2 discs in the network connect and then drop off after about a minute. I have tried turning them all off, restarting the disc connected to the router, waiting until there is  solid blue light and then switching all the discs back on. The two same discs continue to fail and continually flash blue.

I have also tried to restart the network via the app and the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Discs not connecting to whole home network

Are you a BT RETAIL customer?  If so what hub are you using

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Castleclough
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

No because BT Fibre isn’t stable along with any wired provider. We are in a rural spot so I use EE4G but I suppose they are owned by BT.

0 Ratings
Castleclough
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I have had whole home for a while and it’s only just started being a problem. I see there’s been an upgrade of the app so I am presuming that must include a firmware update as well?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

We haven't released a firmware update for a few months now - the recent app updates are independent of the firmware.

If your discs are stuck on flashing blue - this suggests either they cannot get an IP address or cannot connect to Wi-Fi.

Is it possible your router is rebooting or causing problems with IP address assignment? 

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Castleclough
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

The router maintains a strong uptime. Funnily enough all 6 discs have all maintained 24hr uptime and I suppose this is the challenge that it seems intermittent and stable. I get between 60-100gbps download even on the furthest away discs. I just feel the network is pretty fragile.

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings