cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leemercer
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Does a BT Mini Connector only work with a BT Router?

Hi

Please forgive me, I am new to this and the least tech savvy person.

I have BT broadband coming in through a BT router, I have used the BT Mini Connectors to connect the BT TV box in the bedroom and my desktop PC in another bedroom to the broadband through the ethernet cable.  I no longer have a BT TV subscription so the box basically makes my TV a smart TV so I can watch Netflix ect.

My BT subscription is extortionate and I can get the same fibre broadband with similar upload and download speeds for half the price from Vodafone.  This would mean vodafone would send me a vodafone router.

My question is would the BT Mini Connector plugs still work with a Vodafone router or does it have to be a BT router.  Is the technology clever enough to know the differnce?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does a BT Mini Connector only work with a BT Router?

@leemercer 

They will work with any provider, but its not a good idea to change provider during the current crisis.

If your contract has ended, and the price has gone up, have you rang 0800 800 030 to see if they can offer you a better deal, you do not have to accept it, but its a good idea to haggle, especially if you can quote them other prices that you have  been offered?

leemercer
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you.

Ringing them is next on my to do list, just struggling to get through. Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@leemercer wrote:

Thank you.

Ringing them is next on my to do list, just struggling to get through. Thanks for your help

The number I gave you, is the only number to call, as they deal with contract renewals only.

0 Ratings