cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rac2
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Enable VPN passthrough for Smart Hub2

I have a new Smart Hub 2- which works fine for the home computer but since installing it, I am unable to connect my remote access computer for work. I have been told by IT officer at work that I need a 'VPN passthrough to be enabled."

I have just discussed this with BT who say they cannot help and have suggested I contact the BT community for help (the alternative is to approach BT helpline which apparently costs...)

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks

r

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
MrAshieB
Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: Enable VPN passthrough for Smart Hub2

Hi @Rac2,

Do you know which firmware version your SH2 has installed at the moment?

If not, you can find it by going to http://192.168.1.254, and selecting 'Status'.

Kind regards,

Ashley.

0 Ratings
ereynolds
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Hi there. I've got the same problem and my firmware is:

v0.12.02.11078-BT

Any help much appreciated as this will kill working from home. My laptop tells me its connected using the work VPN but it definitely isn't fully connected. For example, I can't access the intranet home page and get an error message saying host not find and requested URL could not be located. I can access the internet when not trying to go through the VPN (on this and other devices).

My work IT colleagues have said it's not something they can resolve unfortunately. I've also spoken to BT who have said the same. I can get online with other devices and could use VPN with Smart Hub 1 with no problems.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

I would suggest that you revert to using the original home hub that works, until someone comes up with a resolution. As most users just use their broadband for home use, I doubt that BT will see it as a major issue.

Why did you opt for the Smart Hub 2?

Another alternative is to use a router which supports VPN usage.

0 Ratings
carl811
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

I am having the very same issue. I changed to smart hub 2 a month ago and since then I have been unable to connect to my work VPN so no chance to receive emails not synchronize stuff. Anyone can help?

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 15

@carl811 

What hub did you have before?  Did it work with that hub?  Can you change it back?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
carl811
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Well I had an old router I need to check it. The point is that I am paying more for the new package and this fancy new router and now you are suggesting me to change to the old one?is that a joke?

The point is that I should get the same service I had before with the new fancy router otherwise I am happy to revert to the old package and pay less. What do you think? 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

did you try turning port clamping on in SH2 which note suggests may help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
carl811
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

sure what you meant...can you explain it further?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

portclamp.jpg

0 Ratings