cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbg
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Error 1200 with Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware version 1.02.06 Build 12

I have a 5 disc system with 4 remote disks all connected by wifi to the disk connected to the router, so a sort of "star" configuration.

It runs OK for a couple of weeks and then although the sytem continues to work OK for users to connect to, the apps starts playing up and refuses to connect. It gives an error 1200.

Also the web interface stops as well, it display yhe the login page but does not then continue to the normal home page.

Any ideas why this should happen?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Error 1200 with Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware version 1.02.06 Build 12

Hi @jimbg, sorry you're having trouble. Have you already tried rebooting all your discs (and switching them back on starting with the one connected to your router)? Or are you saying that it works after a reboot, but then stops again after a couple of weeks?

Also can you let us know if you've been using access controls or pause features.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hi,

I have just done a standard install and no pauses or access control.

It will be Ok if I reset, then will fail again after  a couple of weeks.

What does 1200 actually mean?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 10

Hi @jimbg, I've flagged your case to the team. We've seen a small number of people flagging this same issue, but we can't reproduce it and we're interested in investigating further to understand what's going on. Error 1200 means that the app has lost connection with the disc which could be because of some internal crash in one of the software module (which a reboot obviously seem to fix at least temporarily). 

If you're willing to help, would you be okay if someone contacted you early in the new year for some more advanced diagnostics, including potentially trying a new firmware when we have it? Not making any promises, just gauging interest Smiley Happy

If you'd rather not do that, that's okay. In that case, I suggest you try a reset to factory (use pinhole on the back) to clear the configuration which appears to have gone wrong. That should be a more permanent fix, but let us know how you get on.

Looking forward to hearing back from you either way. Thanks.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Yes, I would be happy to help and will wait for someone to contact me. I have a separate installation with 4 disks in a daisy chain and they are rock solid.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 10

Much appreciated. Thanks. It'll be early January I think.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I’m getting a similar error with 3 disc set up, I lose the two remote discs, have to reboot them. 

Apple devces, Sonos and Hive connected. 

Plase advise 

0 Ratings
gz023247
Message 8 of 10

As with the other users posts above, I am also having the issue of the app not picking up that I am connected to my BT disc. A number of devices ranging from games consoles, mobile phones and Ring home security devices are working and have interet connection. However my S9+ mobile phone is not allowing me to see detailed info any longer and states I am not connected when I actually am.

Any help / advice would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 9 of 10

Hi @gz023247 , sorry your having this problem.

Have you tried points 1, 2 and 5 of the sticky-post on top of this forum?

If that doesn't help, contact the helpdesk.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
gz023247
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for your message. I received an email from the help desk and after following the points below I am happy to report the system is working with no issues now.

• Switch-off all your discs
  • Close down the App
  • Switch-off wi-fi on your phone
  • Now switch discs back on starting with the disc plugged into your router. Wait a few minutes until its light turns solid blue – and staying blue for more than 1 minute.
  • You can now switch all the other discs back on. Wait for all the discs to turn blue (or amber)
  • Now switch wi-fi back on your phone and wait for it to reconnect to your Whole Home network
  • Now open the App
0 Ratings