cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjibarnicals
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Ethernet Backhaul and iOS App

So, my plan is with my gen1 is to ethernet their backhaul, to minimise wifi transport and get the most out of the bandwidth. Even though I have one disc (out of 3) at the moment which is broken, the other two working fine so I tried out the ethernet backhaul, plugged in a Cat7 cable to both discs back to my router, however what I'm finding is when the two working discs are plugged in over ethernet the iOS app won't show both discs topology, it just shows one disc that i'm currently connected to. Whereas with wifi backhaul you'll see the topology show discs connected to discs etc...

I can access both discs web interface by their separate IP's and via each IP it'll show which devices are connected to those discs.

It looks like the handover from disc to disc is still working ok, and I seem to switch across discs (i'm assuming even though they're ethernet backhauled the "mesh" handover functionality is still working as expected). But its just annoying I can't see the discs (and devices attached to it) in the iOS app.

I've tried restarting the network, turned both disc's off/on etc.

If it does this for 2 discs, and when a 3rd is added back in, it'll be a pain if I have to update firmware on each disc individually, or run network wide settings etc per disc, and not via the app but by each disc's web interface.

Is this a known bug? Or it's doing what is expected?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ethernet Backhaul and iOS App

Are the discs one set and do they all have a solid blue led?

0 Ratings
benjibarnicals
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Yes they do, they're all working fine, as in, connection wise, view info via their web interface, its almost like the iOS app just doesn't see the discs. I was wondering if I should delete the discs from the app and re set them up

0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 4

Hi benjibarnicals,

Changing your set-up like that should not prove an issue for the app, both discs should be shown with an Excellent connection.  However, if there has been something slightly amiss it maybe worth you either starting the app itself again or, if that doesn't help, installing your system again via the app in its new set-up.

If neither of these work then a call to the Helpdesk would be the most advisable thing to try.

0 Ratings