cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kandesz79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Experience with Broadband Extender Flex 600 Kit, any good?

Hi boffins,

Our house is an old one and the broadband (BT home hub) point is in the front room. The building is long, the walls are reasonably thick and now that we have a Sonos sound system in the house the wi-fi signal strength is getting increaingly important. Music in the garden / patio, good signal upstairs in the guest bedroom etc.

So I'm thinking about buying this Broadband Extender Flex 600 Kit and was wondering if it is actually works and good for my needs. Any luck anyone? Is it any good? My home hub is areasonably new one, was sent out in July 2017.

Regards,

Kandesz79 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Experience with Broadband Extender Flex 600 Kit, any good?

That device doesn't have wifi so you would need a separate wireless access point connected to it to provide wifi coverage. This device does have wifi https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-mini-wi-fi-home-hotspot-600-kit-084288-BVFF.html  I use its predecessor (hotspot 500) and it works fine.

0 Ratings
Kandesz79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Licquorice, I thought it would simply pick up my home Wi-Fi and relay it to the rest of the house. Is it not the case?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Not the Broadband Extender Flex 600. The device you are thinking of is the wifi extender https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-dual-band-wi-fi-extender-610-083530-BJ7Q.html which works differently. I wouldn't particularly recommend that type of device as it will always be a compromise because it needs to be sited close enough to the original signal in order to repeat it and therefore will not be in the optimum position for the devices it will be serving. With the hotspot kit, the wifi signal will be where you need it.

0 Ratings