cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevey_stylee
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Firmware update schedule not working on whole home wifi discs

I have an issue with my four whole home wi-fi discs. I have my automatic firmware update window set to 03:00, however I keep experiencing issues where the discs update their firmware at any point during the day. Today is was the first disc in the mesh (the one connected to router) that updated at 10:51, right in the middle of a VoIP conference call meaning the call dropped, as did my ability to contact the client to inform them 😞

29.07.2019 10:51:52 OWL-Sync config success
29.07.2019 10:51:52 Firmware upgrade - FW SYNC compare WHWv1.02.08build02 WHWv1.02.08build02!
29.07.2019 10:51:51 OWL-Sync config success
29.07.2019 10:51:51 Firmware upgrade - FW SYNC compare WHWv1.02.08build02 WHWv1.02.08build02!

At first I suspected a time issue thinking perhaps the NTS service didn't work on the discs but as you can see the timestamp on the logs is correct. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Firmware update schedule not working on whole home wifi discs

Hi have a look at BT Help pages at : http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57551/~/bt-whole-home-wi-fi
The helpdesk will have access to support, if you can send them the logs from the discs.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Firmware update schedule not working on whole home wifi discs

Hi @stevey_stylee 

The log event you're referring to isn't actually a firmware upgrade. Every time a disc connects (at a software level), the primary disc (connected to router) compares the firmware version on the disc with itself to see if it needs to update that disc. Here you see both versions are the same so no update is needed.

Something else is causing the discs to reconnect at a software level (meaning their communications could have been temporarily interrupted). I suggest you share this along with your full log files with the helpdesk so we can take a look in more detail. You can email btconnectedhome@bt.com.

Dan-O

0 Ratings