cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidwjmclennan
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Firmware upgrade failure Whole Home Wifi

trying to upgrade from v1.011 build13 to v1.02.05 build01, via the web interface, getting the message 

MD5 is not matching. FW upgrade stop, please try again

trying again results in the same message 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Firmware upgrade failure Whole Home Wifi

Have you tried via the app?

On Monday, when the latest firmware was released, I couldn't update via the app but could via the web interface (after numerous tries). Conversely, I think some managed to do it via the app as the web interface wouldn't work for them. Anyway, worth a try if you haven't already.

0 Ratings
davidwjmclennan
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Paul I have tried both, get further (to the error) with the web interface.

The app interface does very little at all just a message saying problem completing the firware upgrade, please try again in a few minutes. I have a lot of issues running the app on a Google Pixel 2, the logon splash screen refreshes continuely making the app almost unuseable .

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

When I updated via the web interface it initially went through the motions of doing the update, displaying the red progress bar, but ended with a message along the lines of 'there was a problem, please try again'. Repeated efforts got me nowhere until it finally, and unexpectedly, successfully did it on what felt like the 30th attempt!

Someone on here also reported a similar experence and found their way to a successful update was to choose a time to install from the drop-down menu that appears when you get the message that there is a new firmware available, rather than the 'install now' option.

It shouldn't be this difficult, and I agree the app can be a bit frustrating (I'm on iOS). Hopefully you are just experiencing a server-side glitch and you will eventually be able to update.

Hopefully some others on here may spot this thread and have some other ideas. Good luck!

0 Ratings
davidwjmclennan
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Have completed the firmware upgrade, I essentially had to factory reset the trio pack to try to install the extra twin pack.

Got the trio reinstalled from scratch after which the firmware upgrade went through.

Still can't add the extra discs from the twin pack though 

0 Ratings