Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 11 of 90

Re: Firmware won't Update

Go to solution

anyone from BT available to comment on this or provide a solution?  Im on my 2nd set in less than 2 weeks, the first set still needs to be sent back.  Purchased a 2nd set from Argos yesterday and they are basically bricked as I cant access any of the app or its features as it wants to update the firmware.  Have tried logging in via the web browser and if there was a firmware file available then maybe I could update it via the browser.

0 Ratings
mattpartik
Beginner
Message 12 of 90

Go to solution

If I were a betting man, I would put my money on the BT Server being at fault here.  Here's a screen grab from the web interface's system log which shows that the device can't connect to the server that hosts the firmware.  If you're on the iOS app, you don't get to see any of thiis, it just tells you that the firmware can't download and to check the internet connection, before closing the app.

image.png

0 Ratings
binky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 90

Go to solution

One word....disappointed!

Been looking at buying this kit for ages now, I bite the bullet and the firmware servers are down so at the moment I can't get past the screen trying to update the firmware on the mobile apps and can't add any more discs to my network.

When is this going to be fixed????

0 Ratings
Dickytwo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 90

Go to solution

Add me to the angry customers.

Can't update firmware due to website being offline so can't get past this screen to get into app to join new discs.

Shocking service but I guess it is BT.....

0 Ratings
Newboy2
Beginner
Message 15 of 90

Go to solution
I am also in the “thought BT were better than this” group. Bought the much lauded BT Whole-Home WiFi kit today and am having the same very annoying firmware update problems. Please sort this out BT. Get those servers working so your customers can enjoy their new Wi-Fi equipment.
0 Ratings
Dragon38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 90

New update to BTWholeHome

Go to solution
The recently updated falsely keeps asking for a firmware update when none is needed.
BT you seriously need to up your game😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
0 Ratings
Dragon38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 90

Go to solution
The latest update on the app is faulty
0 Ratings
Dickytwo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 90

Go to solution

It's not the app, if you go via a PC and browse to the IP address of the Wifi disc you can read the logs (as seen above) and it says it can't connect to the BT web site. This is independent of the app.

0 Ratings
Cdb1
Beginner
Message 19 of 90

Go to solution
Add me to the unhappy BT customer list. I’ve got exactly the same problem. Wasted 3 hours of my Saturday evening messing around trying to work out what the problem was before I found this thread. So do we just have to wait for BT to sort their issues?!??
0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 20 of 90

Go to solution

Yes it isnt the app, my system is running v1.02.01 build22 and the web interface looks dated, different to the 1st set of discs i was using last week with up to date firmware.  Not that it made any difference as that ran like a dog as well.

0 Ratings