Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RS4
Contributor
Message 31 of 90

Re: Firmware won't Update

Go to solution

PLEASE provide the ability to download the firmware and perform manual upgrades, so customers can at least revert to something that was working better than what they have upgraded to!!

0 Ratings
trevorwat
Beginner
Message 32 of 90

BT Whole Home WiFi Update Firmware failed

Go to solution

I have installed a Whole Home WiFi trio pack successfully to my Plusnet Hub One with solid blue lights on all three discs. Running the app on IOS 11 ipad (and tried on new Android smartphone). At the end of setup, I then got the message that a firmware update is required. I follow the buttons but after a short try I end up with the message “Update Failed. Please check your internet and open the app again”

so far, I have turned off the discs and the router then rebooted router followed by discs; I have tried a swapping a disc as the first disc cabled to the router; I have changed the Ethernet cable connecting router to first disc for a known good cable; I have factory reset all three discs and reinstalled from the beginning.

i have a fully working internet connection via the Whole Home WiFi. Also I have reconnected to the original WiFi and still have a working internet connection there. I have checked WiFi channels and there is no clash.

I am now lost for ideas to try!

0 Ratings
binky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 90

Go to solution

From the wireshark I've just performed the access point is going to the address pbtsu.bt.motive.com for the software updates:

BTHomeHub.PNG

All seems to go well until the access point sends a TLS handshake to the remote server and then there's no traffic received back from the IP address after that. 

I'd say from that the remote server isn't responding to the update request correctly and that's why the whole process is currently failing.

0 Ratings
mattpartik
Beginner
Message 34 of 90

Go to solution

That's really interesting.. I am not really an expert on these things, but I have tried to connect to the main website of www.motive.com and their website is down too.  I've checked on http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/motive.com and on my 4G phone (o2) so it's not my ISP or router that's the issue in connecting to motive's servers.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 35 of 90

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi Update Firmware failed

Go to solution

@trevorwat wrote:

I have installed a Whole Home WiFi trio pack successfully to my Plusnet Hub One with solid blue lights on all three discs. Running the app on IOS 11 ipad (and tried on new Android smartphone). At the end of setup, I then got the message that a firmware update is required. I follow the buttons but after a short try I end up with the message “Update Failed. Please check your internet and open the app again”

so far, I have turned off the discs and the router then rebooted router followed by discs; I have tried a swapping a disc as the first disc cabled to the router; I have changed the Ethernet cable connecting router to first disc for a known good cable; I have factory reset all three discs and reinstalled from the beginning.

i have a fully working internet connection via the Whole Home WiFi. Also I have reconnected to the original WiFi and still have a working internet connection there. I have checked WiFi channels and there is no clash.

I am now lost for ideas to try!

Hi @trevorwat

Welcome and thanks for posting.

I have merged your post to this thread to keep the discussion about the Whole Home Wifi firmware all in the same place.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Dongmut
Beginner
Message 36 of 90

Go to solution
Me too. I've run into exactly the same issue with the trio pack bit with the virgin super hub 3. It's asking me to check the internet which is in perfect working order. This is really frustrating. Any solutions anyone?
0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 37 of 90

Go to solution
Just been on to BT and they cant advise when the update server will be back up. Currently I have 1 disc out of 3 working as i cant addthe other 2. Il give it till next week otherwise its going back. Heavily dissapointed for a so called premium product.
0 Ratings
MyGorillaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 90

Go to solution
BT need to get their act together or I also will be returning my triple pack purchased this week to the supplier for a refund !!!
0 Ratings
Dongmut
Beginner
Message 39 of 90

Go to solution
Thanks for the update Dbaplayer. I think I might be joining you.
0 Ratings
Dragon38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 90

Go to solution
👍👍👍
0 Ratings