Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyGorillaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 90

Firmware won't Update

Go to solution
Hi there, I recently purchased the BT whole home Wifi triple pack and the app is telling me to update the firmware, however when I click on update it tells me "update failed" please connect to internet and open app again. I am connected to internet and the correct wifi for BT whole Wifi, but yet the same msg keeps popping up. Anyone got a solution for this ?
0 Ratings
89 REPLIES 89
IanD2
Contributor
Message 2 of 90

Re: Firmware won't Update

Go to solution
Same for me. Doesn't actually tell me there is an update but when I ask it to check it comes back with an error saying failed to update. AM unclear if there is an update available or not. Could do with something changing as have a google home which keeps disconnecting, and the app has hung at launch screen twice in the last month requiring all discs to be restarted via power buttons and app reinstalled.
0 Ratings
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 90

Go to solution

Trying logging onto the disc from a device on your Wi-fi network by entering into your browser     mybtdevice.home   when you “should” be able to access/change your network parameters.

0 Ratings
MyGorillaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 90

Go to solution
Since completing the installation everytime I now open the app it tells me to upgrade the firmware but as I mentioned previously it "won't update"
0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 5 of 90

Go to solution

Good thinking ! Checked via the web and says no update available. Think it's just the app being unreliable....as usual.

IAN D.

0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 6 of 90

Go to solution

I had this issue, couldnt budge it.  Makes the already poor app unusable as you cant access any features.  

0 Ratings
MyGorillaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 90

Go to solution

@ Simon, I tried this and it says firmware is up to date.

It seems to be an app problem as this msg is on the app screen once opened.

0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 8 of 90

Go to solution

where can i find the latest firmware file as a download off the net?

0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 9 of 90

Go to solution

Mine is stuck and won’t go past the firmware update screen. Tried it on 6 devices now. Is it bricked? Tried factory reset and still the same.

0 Ratings
mattpartik
Beginner
Message 10 of 90

Go to solution

I've just installed one twin Whole Home kit at home last week and decided to get another for the office.

The home installation was simple and updated to the latest version (including the Guest Network) with ease and has been working fine since.

The office installation today could not have been more opposite;  the build is stuck on v 1.02.01 build 22 - which I know is out of date.  On the iOS app it prompts me to download the firmware upgrade and reports that the update has failed and closes the app.

Logging in with the web interface, I can see that the system log that the router cannot connect the BT Auto Upgrade Server and when clicking the "Check" button to update firmware, after a few moments, it reports back that "You already have the latest version of firmware."  which of course is not correct and the system log reports another failed connection to the BT Auto Upgrade Server.

I have an idential set up of the Plusnet One router (which I believe is the same the BT Home Hub) and the two disc Whole Home Wifi pack in both locations.

I have restarted the Whole Home system and the router.  I have connection to the internet no problem, just not to update the firmware.

I have spent 45 mins in a call queue to BT Support today, only to be cut off unceromoniously at 1.55pm (five mins before they close) and of course when you call back, they're shut.  Well done BT, great service!

Would be interested to see if others are having the same issues and more importantly if you can ovveride the automatc firmware update and manually install it from somewhere

0 Ratings