Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cdb1
Beginner
Message 21 of 90

Re: Firmware won't Update

Go to solution

Same problem in the log file... (see below). I see somewhere else on line there is a suggestion this indicates the discs are faulty...

06.01.2018 21:49:25 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.
06.01.2018 21:42:02 IF[2.4G]:STA(ec:ad:b8:09:51:da) had been aged-out and disassociated
06.01.2018 21:40:22 OWL-(Lounge)IF[2.4G](48:8D:36:93:85:94):STA(EC:AD:B8:09:51:DA) connected.
06.01.2018 21:40:18 OWL-(Hallway)IF[2.4G](48:8D:36:93:B5:68):STA(EC:AD:B8:09:51:DA) connected.
06.01.2018 21:40:18 IF[2.4G]:STA(ec:ad:b8:09:51:da) had associated successfully
06.01.2018 21:40:12 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.
0 Ratings
Cdb1
Beginner
Message 22 of 90

Go to solution
I notice via the web interface it's possible to manually download a new firmware file and use the file to update the discs. Anyone know where it's possible to download the latest file? I can't find it anywhere online
0 Ratings
Dickytwo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 90

Go to solution

No I searched and couldn't find anything, I assume it has to be given out by the BT tech support. Still down this morning it would seem.

0 Ratings
Dragon38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 90

Go to solution
No I do that and tells me my firmware up to date. It’s the app!
0 Ratings
mattpartik
Beginner
Message 25 of 90

Go to solution

I really don’t think it’s the app, as described above when connecting to the discs via the web browser there is a clear issue connecting the BT servers that host the firmware.

On the previous page, I posted screen shots from the web interface which shows the system log failing to connect on the new discs (with the out of date firmware) I have.

This morning I’ve checked on my home system, which have the recent firmware and the same issue applies, both on the App for iOS and the web browser pages.  This is the screen shot from my home system, which has the later firmware and the app. 

C5847DAD-8E96-4FD8-8B39-EA2B7A101134.jpeg

DDFC0002-BC9D-4B9A-81A6-6DBB4B9C6D3E.jpeg

0 Ratings
Dickytwo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 90

Go to solution

Agreed, it's the website not the app. If it can't connect to the website in the app it seems to say there is no internet. Whereas if you check via the web portal of the disc it says it is up to date if it can't connect. But the logs confirm it is the website.

0 Ratings
binky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 90

Go to solution

I'm going to setup a wireshark trace this morning to find out where the access points are trying to contact when attempting a firmware update. Will post an update later.....

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 28 of 90

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks for raising this.

I have fed this back to the product team and will let you know when I've received a response.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Speedway59
Beginner
Message 29 of 90

Go to solution

Not sure what the issue is the app shows 2 disc disconnected and 1 ok but only 4 devices connected (there are more), however blue lights on all discs and wifi analyser has strong signal from all. Web interface not fully operational either.

Been like this since 29/12 tried a reset but just the same - as the system is working flawlessly  I'm just going to leave it alone and wait for some BT updates. 

0 Ratings
RS4
Contributor
Message 30 of 90

Go to solution

I too confirm the error messages in the web ui indicating that the BT upgrade servers cannot be contacted.  This occurs for discs running both v1.02.03 build03 and v1.02.01 build22, and therefore NOT firmware specific.

I concur that this is most likely nothing to do with the app, it just provides a less than meaningful error message when the upgrade server cannot be contacted.  The disc system log also shows an error indicating that the firmware upgrade check started by the app failed, coinciding with the app failing.

Please do share the results of your wireshark trace, that will be interesting information to have. (I am not in a position right now to perform a trace of my own).

I am trying to upgrade two discs (shipped with v1.02.01 build22) so that I can add them to my existing three discs (running v1.0.2.03 build03).  However cannot upgrade and also cannot add the new discs to the existing discs.

I am also VERY concerned that the option to perform a local/manual firmware install has been removed from the v1.02.03 build03 firmware.  This seems a retrograde step and restricts problem resolution in the future.

I purchased the 3 disc system when they first came out (more fool me), the original shipped firmware was diabolical and it was not until the v1.02.01 build22 firmware that any form of stability could be seen.  Prior to that I was having to reboot the entire system every weekend.  For over a year BT support provided nothing to help, even when I spoke with produce engineers directly.

After upgrading my 3 discs to v1.02.03 build03, and things seeming stable for a week, thinking that the initial problems may now have been resolved I this week purchased two additional discs; and now once again have two discs that are unusable and an app that continually crashes.

For what it is worth, I have asked many times for a firmware file so I can upgrade manually, but have been told BT will not provide one.  And this is further confirmed by the manual upgrade option having been removed from the latest v1.02.03 build03 firmware.

So there is absolutely no way now to ever downgrade to a previously known-good firmware should an upgrade leave your system broken.  Obviously the moral of this story is... do NOT enable the new "auto upgrade" option in the latest firmware!  If you have a working system, always wait at least 6 months before upgrading to the next firmware so others can feel the pain first!

That said, I like the discs, they are reasonably "Wife Friendly" when it comes to placing them around the house.  It is just a continual shame and major dissapointment that what should be a good and effective product is so badly let down by quality control and issues that should have been tested prior to firmware releases.

PLEASE provide the ability to download the firmware and perform manual upgrades, so customers can at least revert to something that was working better than what they have upgraded to!!

0 Ratings