Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyGorillaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 90

Re: Firmware won't Update

Go to solution
Just updated mine and the problem has been resolved, all is working perfectly now, thanks BT.
0 Ratings
MyGorillaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 90

Go to solution
Yes !! Mine is working fine now, Thanks BT. Looks like I will be keeping my newly purchased BT Whole Home Wifi 3 pack, probably will purchase another add on disk.
0 Ratings
RS4
Contributor
Message 53 of 90

Go to solution

Well, my 3 pack from last year is still working, but the 2 pack i purchased last week to extend coverage (although now upgraded to latest/same firmware as the 3 pack) still cannot be added to the existing 3 pack network.

no matter what I try the new discs never go to a "solid blue" state as described in the "add a new disc" process, unless they have a plugged in ethernet connection when they form thier own network which is not what I want.  The app never detects the new discs and hence they never get added to the existing network.

Like having a manual firmware upgrade capability, the discs should have the ability to manually configure the details for an existing network they should be added to.  Then the user can manually configure what is required when the automation does not work.

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 54 of 90

Go to solution

@RS4 wrote:

Well, my 3 pack from last year is still working, but the 2 pack i purchased last week to extend coverage (although now upgraded to latest/same firmware as the 3 pack) still cannot be added to the existing 3 pack network.

no matter what I try the new discs never go to a "solid blue" state as described in the "add a new disc" process, unless they have a plugged in ethernet connection when they form thier own network which is not what I want.  The app never detects the new discs and hence they never get added to the existing network.

Like having a manual firmware upgrade capability, the discs should have the ability to manually configure the details for an existing network they should be added to.  Then the user can manually configure what is required when the automation does not work.

Hi @RS4

How long are you waiting before unplugging the Ethernet cable and moving the disc to new location as part of the journey?

It can take up to 30 seconds before the discs synchronise the details to the new disc (flashing purple LED) and then you can unplug it.

0 Ratings
MyGorillaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 90

Go to solution

Accept as Solution

0 Ratings
RS4
Contributor
Message 56 of 90

Go to solution

thank you for asking... many, many minutes as I am aware of the 30seconds requirement.  

they just sit with a red light, never changes.

for good measure, I have just repeated the following process:

- Turned off both new discs

- turned on one of the new discs and allowed to start up to red light

- factory reset and plugged in ethernet

- waited for solid blue light (ok) (and pings on my network)

- waited for 3 minutes

- powered off

- unplugged ethernet

- powered on

- solid purple light...

- flashing blue light...

- solid red light

App says "unable to detect new disc".

I will now leave the disc with it's solid red light on as I don't know what to do with it next except send it back to BT.

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 57 of 90

Go to solution

@RS4

Where you are doing this:

- turned on one of the new discs and allowed to start up to red light

Can you try plugging in the Ethernet instead and resetting while it has a solid blue LED?

0 Ratings
RS4
Contributor
Message 58 of 90

Go to solution

ok, continuing from the last point in the previous post...

- currently solid red light

- plugged in ethernet (this is plugged into the same netgear prosafe GS724T switch as the master disc)

- flashing blue light...

- solid blue light...

- waited 3 minutes

- factory reset

- solid purple light...

- flashing blue light... (counted 10 blue flashes with two different frequencies, fist approx 2/sec then 1/sec)

- solid blue light

- waited 3 minutes

- powered off

- unplugged ethernet

- iOS app location test reports "Excelent" location

- powered on

- solid purple...

- flashing blue... (counted 27 blue flashes, approx 1/sec)

- solid red

- iOS app reports "unable to detect new disc"

same result as before.

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 59 of 90

Go to solution

Hi

Are you able to plug the discs directly into the router rather than in the Netgear switch?

We are aware of some issues with that particular model that blocks disc to disc communications over Ethernet (using multicast traffic).

If you can't do this - can you check the settings of your switch and ensure "block unknown multicast address" is not enabled.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Dickytwo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 90

Go to solution

Now works fine for me and I have added the extra disc and Wifi performance is excellent

I am still gobsmacked however that a company like BT can allow this to drag on for 3 days with no escalation on a 'server down' during weekends. I wonder if Linksys or Netgear would be as lethargic.

0 Ratings