Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steleeshaw
Beginner
Message 71 of 90

Re: Firmware won't Update

Go to solution
Hi Dan-O, I tried what you suggested but still the same, I tried it 3 times then gave up. I will wait until weekend & try it again & if no joy then back to the shop they go.

Any more help before then would be very welcome, thanks. 🙁
0 Ratings
Gasman2
Beginner
Message 72 of 90

Go to solution

Is there any news or progress on a solution for this?

I've also tried installing the first disc with no Ethernet cable plugged in, but it didn't make any difference.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 73 of 90

Go to solution
There is no point trying different things as they dont work. What is needed is an app update and possible firmware update. Or a recall and refund programme.
0 Ratings
Gasman2
Beginner
Message 74 of 90

Go to solution
See my post 70 for how I've managed to get my discs working and access most of the settings. Not perfect, but good enough for the moment.
0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 75 of 90

Go to solution
Still not good enough that BT cant give people an idea of when these will be fixed.
0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 76 of 90

Go to solution

@Gasman2

Thanks for the updates - we are working through the feedback to help investigate this issue. It would be useful if you can provide some info to help us understand your environment and what could be causing the app error:

1. Are you using any security software on your device (Anti Virus, Internet Security etc) or VPN?

2. Do you have any casting devices on your network (e.g. Google Home, Google Chromecast, Roku etc.)?

0 Ratings
Gasman2
Beginner
Message 77 of 90

Go to solution

Hi - @Dan-O to answer your questions:

1  The home PC does have AV.  I'm not there at the moment, but it's one of the free ones, Avira or AVG probably.  I can check if it would help.  Chrome may have IS on it too, but fairly sure Firefox & Edge don't - I almost never use them.  No VPN.

2  We have a couple of Echo Dots and a Fire TV Stick.  Also a couple of Chromecasts, but fairly sure they're off at the moment.  There's also a Rasberry Pi based NAS.  Other than that, an iPad, various android phones, 2 or 3 laptops a Sony TV and Humax box.  That's about it.

Edit:

Also the S8 phone I used to access http://mybtdevice.home via Chrome App has Avast installed.

0 Ratings
Steleeshaw
Beginner
Message 78 of 90

Go to solution

I have been trying constantly for the last 3 days resetting my TalkTalk router & BtWholeHome using the correct methods on both items.

I have no casting units connected at all. 

As said before this was all setup just after Christmas & worked perfectly until I tried to reconnect with my Galaxy S8.

It has got so frustrating now that I am boxing up the Whole Home & returning, I am gutted.

Come on Bt give us ALL an answer to the problems we are having, DO THE RIGHT THING PLEASE.

0 Ratings
JonTaylor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 90

Go to solution

This discussion headed way off topic 😞

It is also marked as solved, but I am getting the same errors message that was originally reported when I try to update the firmware “Update Failed. Please check your internet and open the app again”. The original problem seemed to be down to an externally hosted Firmware server being down. Likely to be the same problem again? If so, time to get a new supplier maybe?? If not, anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE - The firmware did update perfectly using the web interface though. I’m assuming that uses the same firmware server. Maybe not. Maybe the app is the problem. Who knows.

0 Ratings
markcoley
Beginner
Message 80 of 90

Go to solution

In reply to post from last year of ‎08-01-2018 9h34, could you see if this problem has recurred? I have installed my brother's old 3-disc home WiFi (that has been in a cupboard for several months) at my parents' home and it appears to be stuck on v1.02.04 build10.

This is from the log this evening:

24.03.2019 22:44:52 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.

24.03.2019 22:44:47 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.

24.03.2019 22:44:42 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.

24.03.2019 22:44:37 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.

24.03.2019 22:44:29 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.

24.03.2019 22:44:22 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.

24.03.2019 22:44:16 HTTP-Can't connect to BT auto upgrade server.

Is it possible old firmware attempts to use an upgrade server that is turned off? My parents have had the discs connected for a few weeks now and auto update is on. Their ISP is TalkTalk but I presume this product works on any ISP. It is working well but it was in attempting to clear out old equipment that was showing up I read that newer firmware was needed and that was when I discovered it wasn't updating. Updates fail using the android app too when it says to try later.

0 Ratings