cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Flex 600 - always red data light on "master" extender next to router

Hi - I've just upgraded to Full Fibre 100 in a mostly wifi-connected house. Our only issue is my son, who has his playstation upstairs and always moans about the signal. He's quite far from the router, so it's probably a fair complaint. Wifi extenders haven't been much help, so I got the flex 600 kit today, and tried a powerline connection.

My issue is this - he is getting some slow broadband via the powerline (better than wifi, so far), but both his remote data light and the light on the extender connected to the router are solid red. I could understand his remote transfer speed being slow, but isn't the "master" light indicating slow speed from the router?

I've got the flex 600 connected to the "1" ethernet socket, as in the manual, and plugged straight into the socket. All wires and kit either came with the BT extender or were installed by BT / OpenReach last week. Can anyone let me know if this is to be expected, or how I can go about improving it? I'm not network-minded, and terrified I'll do something to the router and all our wifi will come down like a house of cards!

TIA!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Flex 600 - always red data light on "master" extender next to router

Hi, @sch01ar welcome to the community, I'm so sorry to see you're experiencing slow speed on the Flex 600 extenders. It might be worth trying a reset on the extenders to see if that helps.  

Press the Link button for more than 15 seconds until the Data and Power lights
go out. If everything’s okay, the Power indicator on the extenders will light up.

If you need further help the Flex 600 helpdesk may be able to help and you can reach them on 0808 100 6116.

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Neil - is that the extender near the router, the one upstairs, or both?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@sch01ar try it on both. One way to test if its the electrical wiring is to have both the extenders in the same room.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

thanks!
0 Ratings