Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmak25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Freestyle 2200 No dial tone

Go to solution

Connected to power and BT line, all other wired phones working. Display shows flashing antenna, phone off hook, and  battery charging. Base shows "in Use" or "Charging" not sure which.  Lift off base press Call, light comes on and three loud beeps and showing full battery, antenna still flashing, phone off hook,  No dial tone or line noise.

Tried several phone points all the same. New batteries.

Any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 6

Re: Freestyle 2200 No dial tone

Go to solution

Hi @Kmak25 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry to see the problems you're having with your Freestyle 2200 phone and that you're unable to get a dial tone.  I understand other wired phones are working.

Your best bet would be to have a word with product support for that handset model.  Here is the link to the user guide:  BT Freestyle 2200 User Guide

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Kmak25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

RobbieMac, Thanks you for taking the time to help. I had looked at the User Guide, and have had a second read at your suggestion. Unless I am being a bit thick I do not seem to able to find anything that will help in this instance. There is no trouble shooting guide or equivalent, and the Help No. no longer exists.

So does anyone else has any suggestions?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Kmal25 the flashing antenna means the handset is not connected to the base. I'd recommend trying the guidance on page 28 of the guide to register the handset to the base to see if that helps. 

0 Ratings
Kmak25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks NeilO will give that a go tomorrow and will let you know

0 Ratings
Kmak25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi NeilO;

Tried re-registering and that cleared the "not connected to base" indication, and also the off hook sign. Dial tone now and again.  I think there is a problem with the key pad as connection is intermittent and seems to depend on where I am holding the handset.

So thanks for your help, if I have time I may dig my tools out have a look inside. It's not desperate if I cannot get it working, I have other phones.