cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Frequent Smart Hub 2 Reboots

Go to solution

Just a quick one really, have had Halo for a while now and loving it normally, only thing that is a little frustrating is the router is rebooting itself at least weekly, if not more often. Previous routers have not behaved in this way, so wondering if I have a dodgy one or some other issue.

Honestly, it's more the annoying timing of the reboot normally, if it needs a regular restart I'd rather schedule it if possible. I had been hoping a firmware update might have fixed it but even after the latest July firmware hasn't helped, any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: Frequent Smart Hub 2 Reboots

Go to solution

Hello @ashfordianeagle,

I had the same problem a couple of week (s) ago, now the problem has been solved. What this could mean is that the router every 15 days reboots and checks for OTA (Over-the-Air) firmware updates. It's constantly checking for updates during the 15 days. 

Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Cheers buddy, I am planning on using this thread to help me keep track but it's happened ever since I started with this new router in January.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hello @ashfordianeagle,

No worries, please marked this a solved. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Therè are many posts on this subject and it does not just happen with the sh2. Many find the hub reboots on a 14 day cycle but more recently others were posting about a 7 day cycle. This just appears to happen to some customers and is not due to firmware update

i had the 14 day reset and I used to manually reset at about 00.30/1.00am so the 14 day reboot did not have any affect on my usage.  The good news is that mine just stopped with no instigation from me and has never returned. My hub could now remain connected for weeks/months and normally reset only by a firmware update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

31 August @ 23:15

0 Ratings