cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 1

Gaming with Google Stadia on BT Broadband - your questions answered

BT has partnered with Google to bring the Google Stadia Premiere Edition cloud gaming platform to BT Broadband customers. Read on to find out more about this and how you can get your hands on it.

Additional Stadia creative tiny.pngGoogle Stadia

What is Google Stadia?

Stadia is Google's new cloud-based gaming platform that allows you to play your favourite hit video games across screens instantly.

Why is Google Stadia best on BT?

We understand that fast speeds and reliable connections are important for gamers. That’s why Google has chosen BT’s award-winning network to host its new Google Stadia to customers.

How do I get Google Stadia Premiere Edition with BT broadband?

Buy Superfast Fibre 2, Superfast Fibre 3, Superfast Fibre 4 or Ultrafast Fibre 100 or 250 broadband from January 17 until January 30 and you’ll get Google Stadia Premiere Edition worth £119 on us. This includes a Stadia controller, Chromecast Ultra, 3 months free Stadia Pro subscription and Destiny 2 The Collection.  Check out the deal from here, BT broadband deals

How do I claim my Google Stadia Premiere Edition?

1. Choose an eligible broadband package and place an order. We’ll send you an email, usually within three days, confirming the next steps of the process.
  2. After your broadband has been installed, we’ll email you the code you need to claim your Google Stadia Premiere Edition.
  3. Download the Google Stadia App and sign in or register. Follow the online instructions to redeem your code.
  4. Google will despatch your device using your chosen delivery method.

Is there a minimum contract on Google Stadia?

You can cancel your Stadia Pro membership at any time. For example, you can opt-in to the 3 months free trial and cancel after 1 month.

What is the quality that Stadia will stream content at?

Stadia will be able to stream games up to 4K HDR and 60 FPS quality for Stadia Pro subscribers. Non-subscribers can stream games up to 1080p and 60 FPS. Like any other internet streaming experience, higher quality connections will result in the best experience.

What is the minimum broadband speeds that are required to run Google Stadia?

You will require a minimum broadband speed of 10 Mbps to play at 60 fps and Stereo sound.  To play in 4K at 60fps and HDR video is enabled you will need a broadband speed of 35 Mbps.  For more information regarding connection requirements please consult the official Stadia help page

Will Google Stadia count towards my broadband usage?

Yes, playing games through Google Stadia will count towards your broadband usage.  Gameplay is expected to consume:

Resolution

Data usage

Up to 720P

Up to 4.5 GB/hr

Up to 8010P

Up to 12.6 GB/hr

Up to 4K (Stadia pro only)

Up to 20 GB/hr

What devices will run Google Stadia?

• Desktops and Laptops
  • Mac- Requires macOS X 10.9 and higher
  • PC- Requires Windows 7 and higher
  • TV- Requires Google Chromecast, HDMI Port
  • Tablets- Requires Google Chrome
  • Phones- Google Pixel 2, Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3a and Google Pixel 4, Supported at Launch

How do I report a fault if Google Stadia is not working?

If there is something wrong with Stadia, you will need to contact Google directly and have a chat with them about it. You will find the Google Stadia help page from this link, Google Stadia help

My broadband is not working or is running very slow, what can I do?

Check out the advice which is available via our help site, Broadband help.  The BT Community is also a great resource for getting help.  You can visit our Community and get support via this link, BT Community

What games are available?

You can find a full list of the games available to play via Google Stadia via the Google Store, Stadia games

What happens to my claimed games if I stop my Stadia Pro subscription?

If you stop your Stadia Pro subscription, you'll lose access to the games that you claimed as part of Stadia Pro. If you later re-join Stadia Pro, you will regain access to any Pro games that you claimed in the past, but you won't be able to retroactively claim any games that had been offered while you were unsubscribed and are no longer available to claim.

Can I play with friends online?

Yes, the number is dependent on the game that you're playing. Stadia will support full multiplayer titles, as well as local co-op and single-player titles.

Does Google Stadia support cross-platform play?

Google is committed to developing an accessible and welcoming environment for all gamers and plan on working with top-tier developers, which include those who want to enable cross-platform play.

If you have any further questions please take a look at the FAQ’s available from Google, Google Stadia FAQ.  If you have any BT related questions regarding Google Stadia please tap reply below and we'll do our best to help. 

Happy gaming!