cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

HH5 - Clock not gone back.

The clocks went back on all my devices on Sunday morning, as expected, except for my Home Hub 5 which shows the current time as one hour later than it is. The logs show NTP syncs completed succesfully:

00:29:17, 26 Oct. NTP synchronization success
00:29:04, 26 Oct. NTP synchronization start
00:27:25, 25 Oct. NTP synchronization success
00:27:11, 25 Oct. NTP synchronization start

There appears to be no manual way of setting or changing this. 

I have owned this HH5 since 2015 and it updated correctly twice every year until now. Meanwhile my son's internet cuts out an hour early every night!

Any way of fixing this?

Thanks,
Tom

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: HH5 - Clock not gone back.

Have you tried a factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button on back and holding until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I haven't, but mainly because I thought that it would lose all my numerous changes that I have made - All the custom device names that I have given to everything that touches the router; all the port forwarding; the device times for access control; DDNS etc. It would be quicker to change all the timings by an hour than to put that lot all back in again.

Does this lot all get backed up using the backup/restore options?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Ok, so I bit the bullet...

Backed up the settings. 
Did a factory reset.
Rebooted and logged back in - clock is still an hour out.
Restored settings.
Rebooted and logged back in - clock is still an hour out.

Checked the logs...
11:21:37, 27 Oct. NTP synchronization success
11:21:21, 27 Oct. NTP synchronization start
11:06:59, 27 Oct. NTP synchronization success
11:06:45, 27 Oct. NTP synchronization start

So time is syncing, presumably on each reboot, but still thinks that it is on BST not GMT.

On the plus side, all of my custom settings were restored so that was an unnecessary concern.  🙂 

Any other ideas?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

No other suggestions?
Am I stuck with it being an hour out until March?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@harveyzone wrote:
No other suggestions?
Am I stuck with it being an hour out until March?

Ask BT for a newer home hub. If you are still in a contract, they will loan you the latest home hub, just for the cost of the postage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Hi @haveyzone thanks for posting, I'm sorry the time on your Hub team hasn't updated. I've contacted the Hub team and they're aware of a problem with the time on Hub 5A models so hopefully, it will be sorted soon. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for the update.
I tried plugging in a BT Smart Hub today that I inherited from a friend. The time set perfectly and seemed to work ok, but I couldn't be bothered with resetting all the custom changes. There does not appear to be a way of importing settings from a HH5.
I guess I will wait a few days more and see if it gets sorted, but that gives me another option if it doesn't get resolved.
0 Ratings