Re: HH6 Rebooting i.e. 00:39:54, 18 Jun. ppp1:TR69 receiving Reboot message

A40_0-1592477287304.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

your attenuation is very high and could be a firmware problem  see here and others if you use search

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Bug-in-firmware-HH6-SG4B1000E020/m-p/2053308

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 13 of 14

The event at 18/06/2020 0:42:14 was indeed a remote reboot - I'm sure there must have been a very good reason but I've asked the team to confirm the reason.

Previous to that, the last reboot from our side (apart from infrequent firmware updates) was 07/12/2018 1:14:55

Your BB line looks very good error wise too.

Steve

0 Ratings
A40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

@Steve_M  were the team able to come up with anything ?

Today at about 12:40 (24/6) the ****ing thing rebooted again (well I lost internet three minutes before my video call start - already logged in to) and a quick check I could see the HH6's orange light.  It took a few minutes and, of course, I missed the beginning of the call.  This hub's timing seems impeccable.

Coincidentally, this afternoon I had an incoming call from BT by way of  a 'missing follow-up' (get me) but it did not relate to me moaning on here.
The upshot is, Ricky at Newacastle (but originally said Middlesborough) wouldn't reveal anything else, concluded that everything (regarding line etc.) tests fine and my system is not rebooting (but it is and the logs back me up)  and get this - it is my LAN that is causing my issues as I have more than 4 devices (yes, he can see what we thought they can) on the system and I should only use the four sockets in the back.  In fact only the PC was really active at the instant the hub rebooted today.  I pushed him on this but, according to him, that is now the line taken (odd how the default dhcp is for so many addresses then).

I feel a higher level complaint in the making or a new (brand of) router being bought.  Back to recommendations please.

0 Ratings