cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimwit_ver_2_0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 39

Re: HH6 USB stick/USB SSD drive connection- Yes or No?

I've just had a look at how people do it with TP-Link equipment on You Tube. In their UI there is an option in the menu to enable the USB device to be shared. (Which of course makes a lot of sense.) No such option anywhere I've found for that with HH6.

That additional purchase, is beginning to look more and more likely.

0 Ratings
Dimwit_ver_2_0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 39

USB - no 1.jpgUSB no 2.jpgUSB - no 3.jpg

I assume the actual drive doesn't need to be called "usb1" but is the default address for the USB port?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 39

@Dimwit_ver_2_0 wrote:

I assume the actual drive doesn't need to be called "usb1" but is the default address for the USB port?

Yes. Not sure why its not working, works fine for me on a SH2 and also worked fine on a HH5 before that.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 39

Just a thought, make sure your network profile is Private rather than Public.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 39

This probably will have nothing to do with it but I find that sometimes my W10 PC does not show on the network or it shows but I can not connect to the Public Folders from other devices. 

The only way I have found to "fix" it is to carry out a network reset via the Network & Internet Settings on the PC and restart the PC. When it re-starts I can access and it can be accessed by all devices on the network.

0 Ratings
Dimwit_ver_2_0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 39

It was set to Private.  😯

Now set to "Public/Guest". Not sure how that would make a difference because "Discoverable" was on. But now switched to Public anyway.

Network 'Discoverable' turned on. File sharing also on.

In fact all profiles are turned to 'on'.

Media sharing also switched on. 

Nothing. 😭

Given the TP-Link routers in the two demo's I saw on You Tube took less than 2 minutes to share media via USB ports, it's hard not to conclude, BT don't want file sharing on their routers. 😢 Or at least, not on the one I have?

0 Ratings
Dimwit_ver_2_0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 39

You might have to explain what a "Network reset" is I'm afraid.

I've done a hard boot, rather than Restart, nothing changed. I'm happy to do the Network Reset, but I have no idea how that is done.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 39

Assuming you are using a W10 computer, click on your network icon at the bottom right of your screen. This will bring up your network connections. 

Click on Network & Internet settings. 

This will bring up a settings box. Scroll down until you see "Network Reset". Click on that then " Reset Now"  follow any  prompts and then restart your computer.

The computer will restart and reinstall the network adaptor and settings. If you are using a wireless connection you will need to log back onto the hub and you will also need to make your network private when prompted by W10.

0 Ratings
Dimwit_ver_2_0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 39

Network Reset done, (thank you).

Hard re-boot done after N/R.

W10 did not request the Network connection be made Private by default, and is still set to Public/Guest. If that needs to change, please let me know. I did have to provide router password before I got access again though.

Still nothing. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 39

I would change the setting to Private rather than Public/Guest.

0 Ratings