cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

HH6 - firmware dated 2016 not updating

I got a 2nd hand HH6 a couple of months ago. It works fine but the Firmware version is SG4B100021EC showing as last updated 12/05/16, so I'm concerned about not getting security updates etc.

Not clear why it isn't updating to current firmware version - have tried full factory reset etc. I can't find any advice other than 'just wait' but 2 months seems a long time. The TR69 log has things like:

TR69 event found : M Download

TR69 event found : 7 TRANSFER COMPLETE

TR69 event found : 4 VALUE CHANGE

so it does appear to be talking to the management server

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: HH6 - firmware dated 2016 not updating

I had the same problem a couple of years back where my firmware was 2 years old (probably the version you are on). I did phone BT, but at the time they weren't interested as my broadband was working fine so they didn't see it as a problem. Eventually I found a more helpful BT person on Twitter who suggest a factory reset was the only option. So I did that and it did force a firmware update. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Looking at the logs there appears to be a daily attempt to upgrade the firmware, but the device doesn't reboot and there is no change in the version and install date even if I restart

23:05:57 14 Sep.The Modem is installing a firmware update
23:05:52 14 Sep.TR69 sending DownloadResponse message
23:05:52 14 Sep.TR69 receiving Download message
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Try a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30secs until lights flash

remember to turn off smart setup when hub reboots

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings