cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Halo dropouts

Repeated problems with connections being dropped on the Halo - getting really annoying on Sky Q, ending up with the non stop rebooting of devices - first one will connect and another won't.

Reboot everything, and now a different device won't connect.

There are are 13x 2.4ghz devices connected and 5x 5ghz.

So the question is, is this too many devices?

If so - will hard wiring some of them mitigate the problem (I'd use several hubs with hard wired ethernet connections connected to the Halo) by reducing the number of wireless devices ? I'm in a semi-rural area shouldn't have much external interference, and have done a rescan for the hub to choose which channel it wants to operate on. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Halo dropouts

have you tried changing the 5ghz network channel in hub manager from probably auto to a selected channel and not 36 as that is the channel used by your SKY Q and see if that helps your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I haven't done that - but I will try it - thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

So, the latest news seems to be that the trigger for this is the addition of a third Sky Q minibox recently.

System seems happy with two miniboxes powered up, but not three. It doesn't matter which two boxes are connected or which one is powered down - it's trying to run it with three boxes that seems to be causing the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

you cannot have 3 boxes connected at once - you can have 2 in use and 3rd on standby  SKYQ limits nothing to do with wifi or BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for this.

It's been stable a lot of today - with one mini box unplugged completely.

But, literally five minutes ago - another dropout.

I have the minibox with a hardwired connection to the router now - which makes me wonder if it's the main Sky Q box losing contact with the router? In saying that - watched Netflix for about 2 hours last night on the main box without interruption - so I'm trying to fathom how I might troubleshoot this further to narrow the problem down.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I have SKYQ with 3 mini boxes all connected by WiFi to my SH2 and don't have a problem. As I said there is always 1 mini on standby while the other 2 are in operation. All the boxes tell if connected to WiFi in settings. Did you change hub 5ghz network to channel other than 36?  Mine is set at 48

0 Ratings