cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Handset ear piece not working - BT Advanced phones

I have a BT Advanced Phone Quad Handset system, two of the four handsets have malfunctioned, the earpiece is so quiet you can't hear it, but they both work fine from the speaker. BT help said to reset the handsets, remove the batteries and wait 20 seconds and once the batteries have been replaced, as soon as the handset comes on press the up button twice. I have tried this numerous times and it still does not work, any ideas please of how to resolve this anyone?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Handset ear piece not working - BT Advanced phones

@george13 

Is it the BT4600 phones that you have, as this is a known issue with these. The fault shows itself after a couple of years, and there is no fix for it, as its a hardware issue. One of mine is faulty, with the same symptoms.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/very-quiet-voices-on-phone/m-p/2166650#M771...

And https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/cannot-hear-the-handset-speaker/td-p/1840317

Message 3 of 5

Hello Keith, thanks for you response.

I have seen here and elsewhere a similar (same) issue with other BT phones, as is usually this has occurred after the 1 year warranty has expired, but I have only had this system about 15 months. These are stated to be BT Advanced Phones, I would guess they are similar and based on the BT4600 version!!

If there is no fix and it is a hardware issue as you describe I will be asking BT to replace these as they are clearly not fit for purpose!

George

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@george13wrote:

If there is no fix and it is a hardware issue as you describe I will be asking BT to replace these as they are clearly not fit for purpose!

Your 'phone provided less than 18 months service as you previously stated.  UK Consumer Law requires such products should provide at least SIX years of continuous performance.  This is obviously not the case.  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for confirming this, George.

I'm still waiting for a reply/response from BT who I emailed with my complaint 3 days ago!
0 Ratings