cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidwjmclennan
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Have an existing 3 disc network working , bought a 2 disc twin pack , can't connect the new discs

The twin pack has it's own network name and password I cannot get the twin pack discs to connect to my existing 3 disc netwok

Have tried , 

1. Reboot all of your current disc setup

2. Once all discs are back solid blue, connect the new disc with an Ethernet cable to your router (alongside the current disc plugged in)

3. Once the new disc shows solid blue, press the factory reset button (wait for the LED to go off and then solid purple). If this doesn't happen, try again in 10 seconds

4. Wait for the disc to turn solid blue again. Within 30 seconds, the disc should flash purple which means it has synchronised the details of the existing network. You can now add the disc with the app.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the 6th disc.

no success new disc has red led and is not visible to name in the app

regards

Dave

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
BrunoN
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Have an existing 3 disc network working , bought a 2 disc twin pack , can't connect the new disc

Hi David, please confirm you use the App to install your new discs. Go to Settings then Add Another Disc, then follow the instructions. If you don't start with the App first, your new discs won't pick up the new config.
0 Ratings
davidwjmclennan
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: Have an existing 3 disc network working , bought a 2 disc twin pack , can't connect the new disc

This is what I've done so far,

Switch all the discs of bar the primary from the trio. Factory reset the primary disc. Wait for the solid blue light to come on then switch the disc off and disconnect it. 

Connect the next disc from the trio to the router, switch it on, wait for the solid blue light to appear on this disc then factory reset it. When the solid blue light comes back on switch it off and disconnect.

Repeat step 2 with all the remaining discs (one at a time) 

Reconnect the primary disc from the trio and switch on. Wait for the solid blue light to appear then open the app and repeat the setup process for the trio kit. You should then be able to add the twin discs

via the 

BT Connected Home Helpdesk

Via the app, having done the above the trio pack re-sets up ok.

Howeverstill can't add the twin pack disc’s , the location test is fine but, the LED stays red despite following the instructions above

Anything else I can try?

Regards

Dave

0 Ratings
BrunoN
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi again. A few more ideas...

Your trio discs are working. No need to touch them.

First, with your first add-on disc, try this FAQ. I know it's very similar to what you've already said you've done, but the sequence is very important (e.g make sure you wait for solid blue light; not just flashing purple. This may take several minutes if there's a software update, so please be patient and make sure the blue light stays on for at least 15seconds).

Once that's done go to the App and select Add Another Disc and follow the instructions. If you're still getting a red light after doing the above, unplug this disc and plug it back on in the same room as your router / main trio disc. Give it a few seconds to reboot and pick up the Wi-Fi. If the light now goes solid blue, then you know your disc is properly set-up, and we can think of other troubleshooting ideas; maybe a Wi-Fi range issue in your original location?

davidwjmclennan
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, followed this advice,

Please connect one of the twin discs to the router by Ethernet cable (do not disconnect the primary disc for the trio). Wait for the solid blue light to appear then factory reset the disc. Wait for the solid blue light to appear and stay on for at least 30 seconds then switch off and disconnect

Repeat this with the second twin disc.

Then try adding the discs again via the app.​

Regards

BT Connected Home Helpdesk

I now have a 5 disc connected topology, thanks for your hep everyone 

regards

Dave

0 Ratings