Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rharrison75
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Home Hotspot 600 and Home Hub 3

All

I have recently purchased a Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Kit and I am trying to connect it to a BT Home Hub 3 using WPS.

I am trying to use the clone feature but not having much success. I pressed the WPS button on the hub and then pressed and held the WPS/Link button for 20 seconds as per the instructions.

The hotspot just flashed for about 2 mins and then returned to its own network.

Is this because I am using a Home Hub 3 or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Richard

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Hotspot 600 and Home Hub 3

Hi @rharrison75 Are you still having a problem with trying to connect to the Hub 3?

1 Plug the hotspot into a power socket near your broadband wireless router (e.g. in the same room). Wait until the Wireless light is steady green.

2 Press the WPS button on your router.

3 Within 2 minutes, press and hold the WPS/Link button on the hotspot for at least 15 seconds, until the Wireless light flashes orange and green.

4 Wait until the Wireless light returns to steady green. Now plug the hotspot back in where you want to extend coverage and wait for it to restart.

5 When in range, your wi-fi device will automatically connect to the hotspot.

If you are still having a problem after this then we will be happy to help you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
rharrison75
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Hotspot 600 and Home Hub 3

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in responding and thank you for replying to my post.

I have searched through the help on my Home Hub 3 webpage and the help mentions this: -

• Wireless security
    This lists all the wireless security levels available in your BT Home Hub. See Advice on Choosing and Setting Wireless Security for more information on choosing the right level of security for your home network.
  • Wireless Key
    You can change the default key by entering your own key, the strength bar will indicate how secure the new key is.
  • Wireless push button connection (WPS)
    Allows you to turn the WPS feature on or off.
  • Actual data transfer speed
    This is the speed of the last data packet sent through the BT Home Hub.

On the settings page of my home hub the "Wireless push button connection (WPS)" item does not appear but all other settings are there.

Does this mean that my Home Hub 3 somehow has WPS disabled and that is why I cannot get the Hotspot to connect?

Thanks in advance

Richard

0 Ratings