Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kempton
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Home Hub 4

Morning

Helping a friend get control of their Wi-Fi,  to understand when the kids are on line and set some boundaries.

Personally, at home, I’ve installed the Whole Home discs from BT and this comes with a great app that makes everything really easy to set up. I’m running these from my TPLink Archer D5 which gave me improved coverage. The TPLink router also comes with a great app as well.

At his house, I have downloaded and tried all the apps I could find from BT, but one of those seem to provide the same level of control for the Home Hub 4 as the Whole Home app, which leaves us having to log into the hub and use the web browser, which is not as user friendly.

Does anyone know of any other options?

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home Hub 4

There are no apps to control the HH4, you have to use the web interface.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Kempton,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

As @licquorice has mentioned you are able to set up access control via the hub manager, I have included the steps below:

1. Open a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager

If this is the first time you've opened the Hub Manager, you'll be asked to change your password. Please follow the instructions on the screen, then carry on with the steps below

2. Click Configure

3. You'll be asked to enter your username and password

4. Set ‘Access Control feature enable’ to ‘Yes’

5. Select your device

6. Set the time you want to block internet access to that device and click Add

7. If you want to apply access controls to more than one device, just repeat steps 6, 7 and 8

8. Once you've finished, click Apply

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks 

Matt

Kempton
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Thank you both for the feedback. I knew I could do this in the web browser, but that’s not really my friends arena. Plus, this doesn't allow the same level of flexibility for instant on/off etc.

An app would be ideal, so we’ll consider other options.

Best

Harvey

0 Ratings
Kempton
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Apologies, one last question.

Are there any restrictions from BT about using another router? I’m looking at upgrading mine in the near future, so could use my TPLINK D5 Archer on his network.  That has an app that allows control which would be easy for him to use.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You can use any router you want. Make sure it is a ADSL modem/router if you are using it on "normal" broadband or if it is to be used on VDSL Fibre broadband make sure it is a VDSL Modem/router.

If it does not set up automatically you will need to use the the user name bthomehub@btbroadband.com  A password is not required unless your router needs one entered in which case just use BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

@Kempton wrote:

Apologies, one last question.

Are there any restrictions from BT about using another router? I’m looking at upgrading mine in the near future, so could use my TPLINK D5 Archer on his network.  That has an app that allows control which would be easy for him to use.

Thanks in advance

There is no restriction, apart from the fact that BT will not provide online support for other modem/routers.

0 Ratings
Kempton
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Thanks all

0 Ratings