Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Strandy
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Homehub 6 internet drops out with large uploads

Go to solution

I have a relatively new line to my house, Fibre to the property. All has been working great until recently I started uploading my drone photos to drone deploy for processing. The connection drops off constantly during upload, when I stop uploading its fine. The guy I have just spoken to told me I have had 41 drop outs in the last 24 hours !

I have done the usual, reset the hub,run the tests, spoke to BT, they run the tests, Im wired. Apparently all tests pass fine.

Reading up it appears there are some changes that can be made to the Hub by BT and not by me that seem to fix this problem of trying to send too much info to the hub. I need the hub to be fixed rather than limiting my components (PC's etc) which is not practical.

Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with someone to apply this fix, I really dont want to have to go out and buy another hub.

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Homehub 6 internet drops out with large uploads

Go to solution

if you have FTTP then all problems/enquiries are dealt with by the FTTP team on 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Strandy
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks, I have spoken to them. They ran tests but couldn’t find an issue on their tests, but did acknowledge that there is an issue due to the number of drop outs.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@imjolly and @Strandy

This is a hub firmware issue which has been reported before. A parameter change has to be uploaded by the hub team.

I expect this will be implemented in a future firmware update, now that home hub is having to deal with faster upload speed. I suspect it simply a flow control issue, where the incoming buffer fills up before the home hub can signal back to the sending device, to stop sending.

I have raised this thread to the moderators, as they know who to contact.

Strandy
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your help it’s appreciated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe

I know that as there have been many posts about this before which mods have helped with  AS FTTP was hoping the FTTP team would be able to organise the fix similar to mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Strandy,

I can have it looked at for you. If the issue isn't related to the firmware I will need you to contact the FTTP team again to get it fully investigated.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Strandy,

Thanks for completing that form for me. I'm getting this investigated for you. It may take a couple of working days before I hear back. As soon as I do, I will be in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for speaking with me today @Strandy,

I'm glad that I was able to get this fix applied for you.

Take care and enjoy your evening Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Strandy
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your help - its appreciated - I will give it a test tomorrow.

Dave