cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 15

Re: Hot Spot 500 Connection Problems

@JLuxton01 wrote:

Thanks, and that's my concern, feels like one of those things that will be very difficult to diagnose.

I'm being sent some replacement devices so that should allow to me to cover that side of it. Beyond unplugging various devices is there a more scientific way of determining interference on the wiring...?

Not without expensive equipment.  A decidedly less scientific possibility would be to find an old Long Wave or Medium Wave portable radio, then walk around the house with it.  Those radios are very sensitive to all the interference that modern electronics puts out.

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

Bit of a long shot but have you recently plugged in a new device? Sometimes faulty phone or laptop chargers can create a lot of noise on the power circuit and cause the adapters to struggle

0 Ratings
Salmonfish72
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Hi

I am not a tech but I could see some similarities an issue I am at present looking for a solution.

Have you recently connected any new device on to your Home WiFi?

I just bought a new Samsung UE46H7000->connected to my Home WiFi and as soon as this TV got connected my Home WiFi Radio stopped streaming. Every time when I turn off my new TV the WiFi radio comes to live and continues without any disruption. I went into my TV on screen controls and disconnected/forget the Home WiFi, the radio continues withoput any difficulty. So I have identified that my new TV is some how causing this problem.

We are lucky to have our other devices connected to our Home WiFi are not disruppted or diconnected when this new TV of ours got connected to same home WiFi [We have iPad,iPad Mini, three Mobile phones and three lap tops are connected to my home WiFi and works simultaneoulsy without any difficulty].

As a work around I intend to buy Bt Hot Spot 500 and going to connect my TV to our home WiFi through an ethernet available on this relay socket and check out, if that will resolve my problem.. WiFi interference cased by our new Samsung TV

I wonder if you could identify the offending gadget then if you have facilities for that device connectable through ethernet , you could try if that will alleviate your on going WiFi connection issue .

I will post back here if that has any benificial effect in my case.

Regards

0 Ratings
Emilydrums
Message 14 of 15

Did you ever work out what was wrong with your hotspots? I have almost EXACTLY the same problem, and am getting very frustrated...

Thanks

0 Ratings
timdunnwork
Message 15 of 15

I have the identical problem. Hotspot 500 worked well for 6 month and then intermittent service. Home Wi-fi works fine with Hub 6. I looked at the new Whole Home wi-fi, but don't want to spend £300 pounds only to find that has problems as well.

0 Ratings