cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

How To Configure Voice/Phone In BT Smart Hub 2 Web Interface?

Screenshot_2019-02-17_16-39-17.pngHow to configure Phone/landline/VoiP when using Smart Hub 2 with Superfast option 2 service?

The firmware for Smart Hub 2 needs updating so that pre named icons be set to devices.   Smart Hub 2 pre saved names have "-" in them which is preventing Smart Hub Manager from saving those names.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: How To Configure Voice/Phone In BT Smart Hub 2 Web Interface?

VOIP is not offered as a service on Superfast 2. Only Ultrafast via FTTP at present.

0 Ratings
CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

So "No Configured" should not be shown at all?

So BT Smart Hub 2 Firmware and BT Smart Hub Manger interface need updated? as "not configured" should not be shown in this particular user case scenario.

BT Home Hub 3 had VoiP support, but was too expensive so nobody used it.

Why can't we apply our own QoS profiles for devices, QoS profiles for services and QoS profiles for applications?

The BT Smart Hubs are not very smart at all, are they?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 7

Just looking for things to **bleep** about?

CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I want bug fixes.

BT Superfast option 2 has issues, which is why I bought a Smart Hub 2 and have been reaching out here.

The BT Customer Care on phone is like "we see no issues with speed test."  I get a "complaint" registered but is closed quicker than a auto closed report for line fault where speed test is good.    This is forcing me to look at using a different ISP and my neighbours have better things to say about Sky and Talk Talk than they do about BT.

Maybe all I need to do is change my ISP?, since the issues I am reporting are not seen as issues.

Seeing my landline being "not configured" is an issue because I can not configure VoiP when using Superfast connection with Smart Hub 2.    This is a firmware limitation and is just one example of the Smart Hub not being very smart at all.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 7

It is not a bug. You do not have BT VOIP therefore you cannot configure the hub for it.

CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

So being told something needs configured when it is not configurable, is acceptable to you?.   It is not acceptable to me.  It is unwanted and unexpected behaviour, so is a bug.

For first time ever I just looked up available broadband services from Sky and have found I been over paying for Superfast option 2 for a long time.   Am shocked at what other ISPs are offering 80 Mbps service for, near one third of what I been paying BT.

Time for me to jump ship, I think.

0 Ratings