cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miqs
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How do I turn Call Screening off?

I have the BT Premium phone and caller ID. I am now getting a message when I receive a call from a number not on my contacts list giving me options whether to accept the call. Press 1 for this, 2 for that etc, I want to remove this and have checked my user guide page referring to call screening.  Unfortunately when I follow the instructions (Answer Phone/Settings/Call Screening) I cannot find the call screening option there as it says. Any advice please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I turn Call Screening off?

To switch BT Call Blocking off

1.Press when you’re on thehome screen.

2.BT Call Blocking is PIN protected, so it’ll ask you to set or confirm your PIN (the default PIN is 0000). When you’ve done that, press OK.

3.You’ll see BT Call Blocking. Press Select or OK.

4.When Blocking settings is highlighted, press Select or OK again.

5.Use to scroll between On and Off. Choose the option you want and press Save.

From: https://shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/d93t/premium_phone_quick_set-up_and_user_guide.pdf

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

@miqswrote:

I have the BT Premium phone and caller ID. I am now getting a message when I receive a call from a number not on my contacts list giving me options whether to accept the call. Press 1 for this, 2 for that etc, I want to remove this and have checked my user guide page referring to call screening.  Unfortunately when I follow the instructions (Answer Phone/Settings/Call Screening) I cannot find the call screening option there as it says. Any advice please?

Hi @miqs   To be clear, are you saying that numbers not on your contacts list it still rings even if the caller does not announce themselves?

0 Ratings
miqs
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Not exactly. The phone will ring, I pick up and I hear the caller start to speak but after a second the caller is interrupted by the screening message which asked me if I want to accept the call with options one, two three etc. Also there is a warning text on the display panel informing me of this. All I want is to just block calls or receive with one touch. 

If screening is turned off will I still be able to have blocked callers list as before?

0 Ratings