cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How do I unblock my new BT phones?

Go to solution

I bought a BT Advanced Phone - Two Handsets - in February. 

I've been told by a friend that when he phoned me just now there was something that told him there was a call-blocker in place. He also said that the phone only rang three times before the call-blocker kicked in.

How do I remove the call-block and also set the phones to ring seven times, not three?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How do I unblock my new BT phones?

Go to solution

can you not remove call blocker using the menu on your phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hello. I've checked all the settings and I can't see anything in the menu relating to call blocker. Nor anything enabling me to increase the number of rings before the answerphone kicks in.

I went to 'Menu>Answer Phone>Settings>Ring Delay and was baffled by the next options viz 'Answer Only' & 'Ans & Record'. BUT at this point I'm giving up. :o((     The menu on the screen disappears after two or three seconds & I'm constantly forced to start all over again.

So may I ask an even more important question at this stage? Is there any setting that I can change to keep my screen showing all the Menu etc results for a much longer time?

Oh, and there was another problem. I was asked on several screens to input my PIN number. I was never  given a PIN number when I opened the instructions.  Some PIN-protected equipment gives you a PIN number and demands that you change it immediately but there were no instructions about this in the box.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078   

The ring delay settings (2 - 10 rings) is on page 37 of your user guide.

The Call Blocking settings appear when you press the Block key. I switch it off when I expect a call back like from Amazon customer services as it is not a human calling you initially.

https://shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/d9r4/advanced_phone_user_guide.pdf

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I wasn't sent a User Guide so thanks for the link. I'll read it now to see if I can remove the call-blocker.

0 Ratings