cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How do you add a new booster disc to your network?

Do you need to use the app? Or can I just turn everything off, reset the network, and it recognises it automatically?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How do you add a new booster disc to your network?

Are you talking about Complete WIFI or WholeHome WIFI? Complete has black discs and WholeHome has white.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Wholehome!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Instructions should have come with the new disc.
I have them saved as a pdf but I don't see any way of attaching that to this reply.
Basically, you temporarily connect the new disc to your router/hub with an ethernet cable (leaving the Wholehome master disc still connected), and power up the new disc. Then open the Wholehome app on your mobile, select "Add new disc" and follow the instructions. Wait for the light on the new disc to go solid blue.
Then you can unplug it and move it to your desired location.
Message 5 of 5

@chrisjp said:

Instructions should have come with the new disc.
I have them saved as a pdf but I don't see any way of attaching that to this reply.
Basically, you temporarily connect the new disc to your router/hub with an ethernet cable (leaving the Wholehome master disc still connected), and power up the new disc. Then open the Wholehome app on your mobile, select "Add new disc" and follow the instructions. Wait for the light on the new disc to go solid blue.
Then you can unplug it and move it to your desired location.

If you get any trouble you can plug the new disc into your router, of course ensuring the master disc is still connected online and solid blue, then hold the reset pin in on the back of the new disc for 10 seconds, it will reboot and automatically pull your existing Wholehome networks settings, once solid blue open the app.

It will be there labelled "New Disc" next to your existing ones, you can then just rename it etc....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings