cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: How many mini home hotspots can be connected to one router?

No, its only a second extender plugged into the home hub that would cause problems. Other Ethernet devices would be fine.

The rule is, only one extender configured as master or AP, plugged into the home hub. All others must be paired with that single unit.

0 Ratings
Flatearther
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

>>Try disconnecting the second extender and using one of the hotspots for BTTV

OK, I've tried this now. Same result. But thanks for the suggestion.

The system seems to be working fine with two home hotspots, but not with four. Mystery.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Have you tried the factory reset Keith suggested? Use a pin in the recessed hole at the rear of the hub for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
Flatearther
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

>>Have you tried the factory reset Keith suggested?

Yes, have done this now. Everything worked fine with the two hotspots connected, but the minute I plugged in the third one, the internet was gone again. With the third hotspot out again, and only the two original ones left, it's working fine again.

Should it be possible in theory to connect more than two hotspots? Because on this evidence, it just doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Awkeye
Message 15 of 16

You can connect up to 8 Broadband Extender 200's and 16 Broadband Extenders 500's on a single network, but only 8 can be active at the same time.

How can I add new Broadband Extenders to my existing network?
You can increase the number of connections in your network by pairing new broadband extenders to your existing ones.

1. Plug your additional broadband extender directly into a wall power socket

2. Make sure the socket’s switched on

3. Press the Link button on that extender for 5 to 8 seconds. Wait for the Power light to go back to steady green

4. Press the Link button again, this time for 1 second.

5. Within 2 minutes, press the Link button on one of the broadband extenders already in your home for 1 second to complete the connection to the network

6. Wait for connection to complete. If everything’s okay, the Power and Data indicators on the extender will light up

For best network performance, use broadband extenders from BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

Good answer, but as this thread is 2 years old I suspect the OP may not respond.

0 Ratings