cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Hub 5 software update

Do home hubs need registered to customer accounts to update? I'm using a HomeHub 5, which wasn't used for 6 years, as I had moved to another provider. Came back to BT for fibre BB and having had issues with the SmartHub2 and the inability to split the bands, plugged in the HH5. Works perfectly, no issues at all, but has never updated, after 5 months it's still showing the last update as 2015. Just wondering is it every likely to update or does it really matter?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hub 5 software update

Hubs aren't registered to individual lines. I don't know what the latest version of firmware is for the hub5, but you might possibly have the latest. Either way I wouldn't worry about it.

Message 3 of 4

I still use a Hub 5. My software was last updated in 2020.

Details from the hub: BT Home Hub 5 (Type B) | Software version v0.07.08.25060-BT | Last updated 23/6/2020
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, that version is the same as my brother in law's, his last last update was 2020 too. Mine is a type a hub though, just wondered were they perhaps tied to an account and if it "fell off" a list somewhere would that prevent it updating. As it working fine and causing no issues, I guess it really doesn't matter.

0 Ratings