cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcwuzzy
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Hub 6 Security Issue?

Whilst trying to get a line fault fixed, BT were able to remotely Factory Reset my Hub 6. Apart from being extremely inconvenient to just randomly do this without checking with me first, I wonder if this exposes a security hole in the hubs. All passwords and keys to this hub are my own, not as it came. Any thoughts? Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hub 6 Security Issue?

I am assuming you did this from using the MYBT app on your phone bearing in mind you have to be able to log into the app with password having setup the hub access using password when you initially setup MYBT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mcwuzzy
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hub 6 Security Issue?

No, nothing like that. I suddenly found my internet had gone. The light on my Hub was green and I received a text message from BT saying they had remotely factory reset my hub!

This is my query. If someone can remotely reset your hub without knowledge of passwords does this expose any security vulnerabilities? Could anyone with the correct know how reset any BT hubs?

0 Ratings