Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveSykes
Beginner
Message 1 of 24

Hub drops internet connection when uploading

Go to solution

I am hoping that I can get a fix or a reply from BT to fix an internet upload problem. It is a problem that is not unique and I have found several posts on this. The problem occurs when uploading large files the internet will drop out. The internet does eventually reconnect again but then it continues to randomly drop out till the upload is finished. This makes the internet unusable while uploading any files. It appears to be caused by large files that try to upload faster than my connection or hub will allow, a buffering problem. If I reduce the upload speed my problem is resolved. I don't want to rely on software to reduce my upload speed as I believe the hub should be able to manage this. I have had this problem since I have had fibre to my house (FTP) and engineers have tested my line and it showed no problems and they came to the conclusion it was my hub so issued a new one. The problem still occurs.

However, I then came across these 4 posts on this forum (OneTwoThree, Four) all of which were having the same problem as me, but were manged to be helped by a moderator on the forum. I was hoping I could get the same solution that these people did to fix their internet. It looks like there is a setting that can be changed remotely by BT but I have not found what it is. I hope this forum and post will resolve this for me.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
SteveSykes
Beginner
Message 2 of 24

Re: Hub drops internet connection when uploading

Go to solution

Solutions I have seen for this are 

1) Buy a new hub - not BTs 

The problem with this solution is BT will only support you if you use their hardware and also there appears to be a setting that will fix there hubs (see below)

2) Other forums I have linked have had an engineer remote in to change a setting (not sure if on the hub or at BT's end) but it has fixed the problem I am hoping BT will do this for me. I will be ringing them again and hoping that this forum will cut out all the usual prechecks I have been through before!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

Perhaps one of the BT Devices experts like @Dan-O or @BrunoN can help, as its their domain?

I have moved this thread to the devices board, for their attention.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @SteveSykes,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your connection dropping when uploading. I'll be able to get this investigated by the Hub Team. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
NickZz95
Beginner
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

@PaddyB - There are a few end users with the same issue. I am also experiancing the same issue.

Nick

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @NickZz95,

Please can you also send in your details and I'll pass this onto the hub team to help with their investigation.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @NickZz95,

Please can you also send in your details and I'll pass this onto the hub team to help with their investigation.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
SteveSykes
Beginner
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution
I have entered my details as requested
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

@SteveSykes I've raised this with our hub team, as soon as I have any updates back I'll pass them on to you. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

@SteveSykes Thanks for speaking with me there, please can you test again and post back to let me know if you're happy this is now resolved.

0 Ratings