cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 19

Hub reset

On the 22nd March 2020, I had an update to my hub.  Since then at about 12:25 am every day, my hub resets its self, in other words, it reboots itself.  It will go through all it’s lights, back to blue. Why does this happen, since the last software update?  The Firmware version:  SG4B1000E020.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Hub reset

Try a full factory reset of the hub to ensure the update has fully completed.

Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 19

@licquoricewrote:

Try a full factory reset of the hub to ensure the update has fully completed.

Just done a factory reset.  Shall see how it goes now.  Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 19

The factory reset did not help, so BT sent me a new hub, it worked fine, I noticed the firmware in the hub they sent me was in 2018, tonight, just after midnight, the new hub reset itself like the old one, when I checked the firmware, it has updated, this is the cause of the problem, the new software, as both hubs worked fine until BT updated it.😡

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

You won't know if you have the same problem until tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 19

I do know, as it’s a software problem.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

if it was a software problem then the forum would be full of other customer posting about it just like you - It's not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

@Tezz wrote:

I do know, as it’s a software problem.

You don't know until tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 19

May I just add that our hub did exactly the same. It was suggested by one of the forum experts (sorry, cannot remember which one but they're all good blokes) that an electrical surge may be the culprit.

Well, it was. We are on economy 7 and therefore everything switches over to the so-called "white meter" during the night around 1:00 am. This causes a surge, hence the hub reset. Strange but true in our case.

This doesn't affect the hub's performance in any way but I do have to wait patiently when I am burning the midnight oil (as one does during lockdown). 

Could this possibly be the problem in your case?

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 19

Sounds like an issue with Rein, any electrical device could cause this. You just need to be a detective and find out which one. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings