cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Hybrid Connect Software Bug

Go to solution

I've got the Hybrid Connect and have located it in an optimal position.

However, very irritatingly, I cannot modify the light output setting like I can with the Smart Hub 2 and the WiFi Discs.

When I go into the My BT App it has an option to turn the Hybrid Connect light "Off", "Low" or "High". Whenever I try to change the setting from "High" to anything else it immediately reverts back.

Is this a known issue?

Final question: are you allowed to take the Hybrid Connect with you when travelling (on holiday) within the UK? Some of the holiday cottages I stay at have no WiFi hence my question.

Thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Hybrid Connect Software Bug

Go to solution

Hi @simonuk1. The light intensity not saving is a known issue and is being worked on.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @simonuk1   As far as I can see, the hybrid connect intended use is to keep you connected in your home when your broadband is unavailable. See item 28 in the terms and conditions. https://www.bt.com/halo/terms

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

Hi @simonuk1   As far as I can see, the hybrid connect intended use is to keep you connected in your home when your broadband is unavailable. See item 28 in the terms and conditions. https://www.bt.com/halo/terms

Thanks. 🙂

I really struggled finding those T&Cs.

The Hybrid Connect is designed to be used only when your fixed BT Fibre broadband connection is unavailable. If you are using it in a way different to its intended use, we reserve the right to take action which may restrict your service.

Seems like I can't use it in a holiday cottage it as I'd be breaching the spirit of the T&Cs.

Strictly speaking BT should consider re-wording paragraph 28 as, technically (in a holiday cottage), my BT Fibre broadband connection would be "unavailable". 

They should qualify 'unavailable' to mean: loss of service, provisioning delays etc. and/or add a caveat that the Hybrid Connection must be used at the installation address.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I too hope the ability to adjust the brightness of the light is resolved (I'm using a couple of bits of electrical tape at present).

I'm not sure how you would get the hybrid connect device to do anything on its own anyway. It has no discernible user interface you can access as it is controlled by the SH2. I suppose you could take the SH2 and the hybrid connect with you to the cottage (just don't pug the SH2 into anything) and see if the SH2 triggers the failover to the hybrid connect when it thinks its broadband line is down (because you have not plugged it in).
As other have said, even if this works you would probably be breaking the T&C's.

Good Luck

BB

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

It's now the end of  August but still it doesn't seem to be possible to turn off or even dim the lights on the Hybrid Connect.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Does anyone know when this bug will be fixed? I just tried to change the lights on my Hybrid Connect and it still doesn't work.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I am trying to turn lights off too and would like to know also when this will be possible as I have it in a bedroom due to limited EE 4g coverage and it can be a bit annoying at night to have the room bathed in blue light behind the curtains.  If there is an update out, will the box automatically update, or do I need to manually install?

0 Ratings